anxieties

one week later

all week long she waited and waited and waited

all week long she waited and waited and waited. never before had waiting for Sunday been so hard. for a few days the shock and adoration for Harry had blinded her to any other thoughts. all she could think of was him and his kiss. she would shiver whenever she thought of his lips on her neck.

but after a few days the excitement wore off and nerves kicked in. what she had done was so wrong. if anyone found out that they had kissed Harry would have to go away and she would never see him again. was a simple kiss worth it?

Harry's response only worsened her anxiety. he had kissed her back, so willingly and lovingly. even going as far as to kiss her again! perhaps to him the kiss wasn't romantic. more like the quick kisses her parents gave her before bed or when she went off to camp. but those felt nothing like Harry's. the way he held her hips close to his, and moved his lips, and grazed his tongue against her lip.

so why would he kiss her? he's a grown man, an attractive one at that. He could have any beautiful woman he wanted. so why would he kiss his mediocre little goddaughter?

Harry was facing no such questions. he was simply in complete awe of his beautiful girl.

-

sunday came around once again and Harry found himself rapping his knuckles against the door. only this time there was no shining girl to open the door right away. he waited until finally Leanne opened the door with a sigh.

"im so sorry, Harold. April is taking forever to get down here. come on in, please." balancing a bowl of lemon cake batter in one arm she opened the door wider with the other. "April! come on dear finish up!"

"Harry you really should just invite yourself in from now on." Charlie smiles as he lit his cigarette.

"nonsense. with how hard my mother engrained manners into me I'm not sure I could physically do it." he smirked and pulled a packet of cigarettes from his back pocket, holding one unlit out for Charlie. "if you please."

Charlie held his lighter out and lit Harry's cigarette.

just as he breathed in the smoke April trotted softly down the stairs. she wore a white turtle neck sweatshirt and a blue plaid skirt. from the look in her eye she knew her skirt was up too high on her hips. she only stuck her nose in the air and walked into the kitchen as harry watched her with dark eyes and smoke falling from his lips.

he followed her into the kitchen. she stood next to her mother helping her poor frosting into a piping bag.

"so April, how was your first week of not being at camp?"

"it was very boring." she huffed, refusing to look Harry in the eye.

"It's summer darling! how on earth could it be boring." Her ears perked up at the nickname and she looked at him with parted lips. of course he had called her nicknames before but this time she felt as if he was telling her something with it.