A Not so Empty Threat

A/N: Hello! Thank you for staying, for messaging and for continue reading kahit halos amagin na tong story sa sobrang tagal. Kidding😉

Here you go lovelies! 😘
———

Nick's

     "Damn it." He was pacing back in forth inside his office. "I really need to settle this. Pronto."

He's been busy thinking about a full proof plan on how to convince Shii to move in with him. That might sound very rush and selfish, but its logical. And sounds very good inside his head. He smirked at the thought of having Shii and his children being with him, No Carrantes, no Lester, just him. Fvcking awesome.

So here he is, trying to think hard and deep just to get her to say yes, because knowing that woman, shes stubborn as a mule, trying to contradict him at almost everything.

The sound of his intercom interrupted his lane of thought.

"Sir?" Leny, his new secretary asked from the other line. "Your mother, Mrs. Sobremonte is here to speak with you. Shall I send her in?"

He contemplated for a second. What might her mother need to visit him? Its been a while since the last time she did. It bothers him, but nonetheless let her in. "Please do." He answered on the other line.

"Right away sir."

The conversation ended and a second after her mom came barging in with a not so pleased expression etched on her face.

"Hello mo—

She didn't let him finish though.

"Nickolas! What was with your secretary trying to interrogate me about things inside my OWN company?!" She almost shouted at his face.

"Mom, calm down." He said trying to soothe her. "Mom, Leny's just doing her job. A lot had happened since the last time you've been here. I had to be cautious."

"Cautious about what? About me?"

"Of course not, mom. May mga  iniisip lang ako ngayon, mga bagay na inaayos that you need not to concern yourself about." He tried to explain, while omitting the fact that its Lia and her deceiving ways he is trying to be cautious about. "You need to rest mom, wag niyo ng masiyadong papagurin ang sarili niyo. Why don't you just pamper yourself? Go shopping, spa maybe?" He tried suggesting para umalis muna ito at makahanap ng ibang pagkakaabalahan.

"That's what I've been doing lately son. Nakakapagod na. I need to do something new. I need something new."

"And what would that be?" He went back to his table.

"I want a granchild, son."

He lost a footing.

"Mom!" Nagulat siya sa sinabi nito. "Stop kidding!"

"I am not. And don't shout." She replied sternly. "I am too old for luxury. I need grandchildren Nickolas and for that to happen you need to settle down. But you're not even showing any advances towards any woman! Ano? Aantayin mo pa bang maging uugod-ugod ako? Pasmado?" She said exasperated, with theatrics that amused him. "Nickolas, I am not getting any younger, neither are you. Gusto ko namang makakarga ng apo habang malakas pa ko."