|Chapter 24|

Sorry for any mistakes. I'm just trying to give y'all an update.
~

Everyone sat in the waiting room area of the hospital, nervously waiting for the doctor to come out and deliver the news. Although they wanted everything to be fine, they all knew something bad was going to come out of it anyway. Seeing the doctor come out, they stood as he walked over when they heard him call out for Juan and Javier's family.

"I'm Dr. Cunningham." He started by introducing himself before sitting down in one of the empty chairs that were nearby.

It was almost 12 in the morning, so it was just them in the waiting room area. Everyone else had either gone to see their loved ones in their respective rooms or left.

"Are they going to be okay?" Demi asked, sitting at the edge of her chair.

Without another thought, she slowly inched up a bit more, leaned over to grab the doctors hands, and held them tightly in her hands. He held his composure as his body shook from Demi trembling right next to him.

"Doc, please please please tell me they're gonna be okay." She pleaded, now bringing his hands to her chest and holding it there, indicating that she NEEDED them to be okay.

"There's good and bad news." He said looking over everyone's faces. "We were able to stop the bleeding from Karter and she's okay. She's resting right now."

"Thank God!" Hazel said holding her hand over her chest, but not letting go of the sigh that sat lodged at the back of her throat. "What about Juan and Javier?"

"Javier is still in surgery and will be fine with a few therapy sessions after he gets released, but Juan..." he paused before looking at Demi and continuing. "Unfortunately didn't make it. He was pronounced dead when he got to the hospital and we tried our hardest to resuscitate him."

Everyone in the room was shocked to know that Juan, a loving and caring person who never did anything to anyone, was murdered. To say that everyone was devastated would be an understatement. They all broke down into tears as the doctor said his condolences and looked away to keep his composure.

3 hours earlier

"Why can't we just have a party? Y'all always say ain't no party like a Mexican party right?" Karter laughed.

Karter hasn't really gotten the chance to reach into her Hispanic roots, besides hearing Hispanic songs and celebrating Cinco de Mayo, since she's lived in Atlanta all her life. Although she was kidding at the moment, she really did want to have a party with all of her Mexican family, most of whom she hadn't even met yet.

"Yeah but in this case we're just going out to eat. We can't just invite people to LA this late." Hazel said.

"Well can we just go for ice cream?" Justyce asked as they all walked out of the building.

"Yeah you can't go wrong with that." Ava went along with it.

Ava was ready to eat some food, but ice cream sounded a bit better in this circumstance. She thought ice cream would make Javier feel better about the loss, even though he really didn't care since it was their first loss of the season.