hillson

Maria stood in front of Phil, arms crossed and slightly offended.

"It was a porcupine, not a poop." She mutters to him with a slight tone of irritation in her voice.

"No I'm pretty sure." Phil replies with a knowing smirk. Was he purposely trying to get on her nerves, because if he was, he was doing an excellent job of it.

"It's not just Agent Ward, your whole line up is sketchy." She moves in with the conversation, attempting to ignore his comments about her poorly drawn porcupine.

"We should go sometime, to Tahiti." Coulson says without much thought. Maria freezes. He still didn't find out? Should she tell him about Tahiti? Should she let it go? By the time all of the thoughts had gone through her mind, Phil was giving her an odd look. She shakes her head and just plays it off.

"Is this your version of asking me out Agent Coulson?" She acts as if she had been considering it.. and in all honesty, she was. Phils expression changes to one of nervousness with a bit of joy.

"Perhaps it was." At this, Hill could feel a blush working its way onto her cheeks. That wasn't the reply she was expecting. Now how to reply to that... The brunette forces her facial expressions to remain emotionless as before, when in reality, her stomach was churning.

"That's quite an idea... we haven't been out of the country together since before I was promoted." was all she could think to say. Immediately she wanted to kick herself for not coming up with something more clever, or something to let him know that she was interested.

"but three days of that and I'd be begging for a new assignment." she adds. Phil smiles and grabs Wards file from Marias hands.

"Maybe that's the point." He says with a wink before leaving.

The thought stayed with Maria throughout the day. Was he serious or just joking? What was that about. Partners for years, yet she still couldn't figure him out. AS she left the the office and headed to her car, she could feel that she was being followed.

"Don't even think about it." She mutters, figuring that it was just some rookie attempting to scare her. As the sounds of the footsteps continues, Maria rolls her eyes and whirls around, drawing her fist back to punch whoever was behind her. Without realizing who it was, she throws her fist forward, but it is caught. Her eyes widen as she realizes who it was.

"Woah there Hill, no need to get violent now." Phil says with a low chuckle, not letting go of her balled up fist.

"Coulson... you should know better than to creep up on me like that." She scolds, pulling her fist away from him.

"Why were you following me anyway?''

"Well... I wasn't joking about before.... Tahiti is a magical place." 

Marias heart breaks at hearing this. She wanted so badly to tell him about Tahiti, but she knew that she couldn't, so in turn she just puts on a smile.

"I think it would be nice, but maybe some place closer to the main base, like the Bahamas maybe?"

"Sure. I guess." he shrugs.

"Just as friends though right?"

"Of course, just as two friends vacationing together." he smiles, not really meaning it, but if it convinced her to come, he'd agree with her.

"When?"

"Well I'll ask Fury for a weeks break if you want to leave tomorrow." he suggests.

"Oh... That's soon, but ok. My place at seven tomorrow morning. We can take one of the jets."