Chapter 9

OMG. Thank you so much for 200 reads, thank you guys so much for your support! I never expected to reach so many reads, I really didn't. (:
There might be more mistakes in this chapter than there should be and I'm sorry, but I've been really busy with school lately and I barely had time to write or check for mistakes. =/
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and leave a vote or a comment (:

--------------------

Caroline took a deep breath and lifted herself up from the brick wall she had been sitting on.
She didn’t know why she had agreed to his deal. It felt right, though.
Everybody deserved a second chance.
Fine, maybe it was his 15th chance, but still.
“You look tired,” Klaus noted. “We should find a hotel.”
Find? Are you telling me you don’t have a place for us to stay yet?”
“Sure I do.” His mouth turned into a smirk, but his eyes looked apologetic.
She almost believed he was sorry for the tantrum he had had before. She probably wouldn’t have admitted it, but she was sorry too. Instead of dealing with everything, which was what she had planned on doing, she had just laid the blame on him.
Maybe it was his fault, partially, but he had already apologized. What else did she want from him? What did she expect him to do?
Time.
She expected him to give her time. And she figured she had the right to do so.
Maybe she really was being resentful, but honestly speaking, she didn’t care. At least not when it came to Klaus. He could take care of himself, he had proven her that several times, and he didn’t need her. So she liked this opportunity better than blaming somebody else.
“Are you coming?” Klaus pulled her from her thoughts.
She shook her head, telling her inner voice to shut up.
“Yup.”
The silence between the two of them became awkward as they walked to the car and Caroline could slightly feel the amount of alcohol she had consumed before.
She glanced at her phone to check the time. It was 3:00 am and she was so tired she could barely stand. All the driving and travelling had really exhausted her and the lack of sleep from the last days sapped her energy.
A few silent minutes later they finally arrived at the car. Caroline watched him open it and she got inside. Klaus started the engine and the familiar sound made her fall asleep immediately.

*****

Klaus parked the car in front of a small hotel. It was the first hotel with a beautiful appearance and location he had been able to find.
Caroline had been right. He hadn’t looked for a hotel before. And why should he have?
The perks of being a vampire.
He smiled as he looked down at Caroline who had fallen asleep on the passenger seat next to him.
He really had tuckered her out today, which made him kind of proud. It was part of his plan - getting her distracted to help her forget.
He was going to have to come up with something smart though. She had given him one week and he was going to have to use it well and make her want to stay with him.
He was glad Caroline hadn’t found out what had made Rebekah so mad. She would totally lose it and he assumed she would leave him in a heartbeat.
Honestly speaking, he was feeling guilty. He was the reason Rebekah had killed Tyler, even more than Caroline suspected it.
And even if he had promised her to never return, his guilty conscience had driven him back to her.
A thousand year old vampire shouldn’t have to put up with this kind of teenage drama.
He pushed the thought aside, walked over to the passenger door, opened it and threw Caroline over his shoulder effortlessly. He carefully shut the car door with one foot, locked it and headed towards the hotel reception.
A man in a suit looked up from his magazine and slapped on a smile as he came closer, amusedly scrutinizing what he carried inside.
Klaus put Caroline down on the floor, one arm slung around her waist to prevent her from falling.
How can you possibly be so dead asleep?
“I want you to give me the largest room you have,” he grinned, looking the man deeply in the eyes.
The man checked his computer as if in a trance.
“Name?” he asked.
“Let’s skip the formal stuff,” Klaus demanded and the man handed him a set of keys without hesitation.  
He grinned, stuffed the keys in his pocket and lifted Caroline up with one arm slung around her waist and the other one in her knee pit.
He took the elevator to the 3rd floor and entered room 54.
He used his elbow to switch on the light and was satisfied with what he saw. The room was large and beautifully decorated; the only thing that bothered him a little was the lack of windows.  But at least they had their own balcony, which he expected to offer a beautiful view over Chicago.
He opened a door and was right when he assumed to find the bedroom behind it.
The weak light coming from the adjoining room showed him the way to the big double bed in which he laid Caroline.
He quickly covered her with a blanket and left the room to let her sleep.