Let the Truth be Told [Rizzoli and Isles]

Chapter 1

Jane never thought she could feel this way about a woman, but she could not get over how incredibly beautiful the new medical examiner was. Whenever Jane was around Maura she was clumsy. Every morning Maura would walk into work in a different dress and a new pair of high heels.

Jane and Maura had become good friends over the last 2 months Maura worked there.

Jane just finished work and wanted to go to the dirty robbers for a drink with Maura. She went downstairs to the morgue where Maura was. “Hi Maur, you nearly finished work?” Jane said.

“Yeah actually, I just have to wash my hands.” Maura said as she was walking over to the sink to wash her hands.

“I need a beer and I thought that you had a hard day at work and would want to come down to the dirty robber with me?” Jane said while sitting ip on one of the tables trying not to fall off.

“Yes Jane, that would be great. Do you want me to meet you there?”

“Yeah that would be good” Jane said while smiling “First round is on me”. Jane walked to the elevator and went down to the ground floor.

As Maura walked into the dirty robber she saw Jane sitting in one of the booths drinking her bear and she had a glass if red wine sitting on the other side of the table. Maura walked over to Jane. “Hey Jane, is this for me?” Maura said while pointing down at the glass of red wine.

“Yes, it is. I hope you like it, it’s a new wine that just arrived.” Jane replied as she stood up and pointed down to the seat to let Maura know to sit now. 

Maura was flattered that Jane was being so polite, but she didn’t know why she was acting all funny. She knew Jane acted a little clumsy while she was around her but this was getting a little weird.

Jane was sipping at her beer while looking at Maura. ‘How could someone be so glamorous, beautiful, flawless and sexy. Wow Jane, I must really have a thing for her.’. Jane had never thought this way about a woman which scared her a little, but she couldn’t deny that every time she was around Maura she would get butterflies. Jane knew Maura was straight and most likely had never thought of a woman in that way.

Maura loved Jane as a best friend and would do anything for her, but she was starting to get a little worried about her because she was acting different. So she decided the break the ice. “Jane, is everything okay? You’ve been acting a little weird lately.”.

Jane froze and didn’t know what to say, she knew she had to stop acting like a teenager around her. “Everything’s fine Maur, just haven’t been getting much sleep lately. I keep having nightmares.” She said the first thing that came to get head.

“I never knew, you should have told me earlier. Would you like to stay at my house tonight? You might sleep better with the company of a friend.” Maura replied feeling sympathy for her friend.

“Yes, that would be lovely. Thank you Maur.” Jane said with a little smile. Just as Jane finished her beer she saw Maura’s wine glass was empty. “Would you like another? Then after we can go back to yours, maybe watch a movie?” Jane asked.

“Please, that would be great.” Maura replied.

Jane got up and walked over to the bar and ordered a beer and the same wine she got Maur just before. She turned her head around to ask Maura if she wanted a beer. As she turned around she saw a man talking to Maura, Jane didn’t like it, but just grabbed the drinks and walked back to the booth. “Here Maur” Jane passed Maura her wine.

“Thank you Jane.” Maura replied. As Maura continued to talk to the man, the man asked if she wanted to get out of there, but Maura didn’t want to because she promised to spend the night with her best friend. “No thanks” Maura said to the man “I already have plans”. 

The man grabbed Maura’s arm and said “Come on, you know you want to.”. When he grabbed Maura’s arm he squeezed it to hard which made Maura let a little squeal out.

Jane stood up “Take your hand off the lady, and leave now!” Jane yelled in her husky voice. 

“Oh and what do you think you can do about it?” The man said in a rude tone.

Jane pulled her fist back and knocked the man out cold. “Come on Maur, lets go home.”. Jane helped Maura up and they walked to the car. “Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Jane said in her worried tone. 

“I’m okay, I just have a bruise.” Maura said. She loved how Jane sticked up for her, it made her feel safe and that nothing could hurt her if she was with Jane. When Jane yelled at the man she felt butterflies in her stomach which was weird.