Hidden in the night

'We broke up'

He said it like his world slowly crumbles. He said it like he can't live on by tomorrow.

This is how you two see each other now, with beers in a rooftop at night, with millions stars in the sky and the moon. It's supposed to be beautiful, but he's crying, not because he's happy but because he's miserable.

It's always been like this ever since he and his girlfriend 'Malia' started dating.

You're one of his best friend and you stayed as his best friend even though you have love him ever since you learned what love is. He's the one who taught you how to love, you think to yourself. So no matter what, be it hurting yourself as long as he's happy, you just keep it to yourself.

It has been months since you last saw him. He was with her, smiling, laughing, whispering words to each other. You can never really take it so you settle to being the proud girl you pretend to be and left them alone in their world.

You stayed away as far as possible but with just one call, just one text from him, you see yourself running back towards him.

He called you in the middle of the night. No words came out but you hear him whimpering, holding his crying voice. You don't even need to asked what wrong, you already know what happened. Why? Because this is not the first time it has happened and you know where to find him, how to calm him down, and by the next day for sure, they'll be back together and you'll be that friend again.

You sigh to yourself thinking how long you will be that 'friend'. Will there be an end to it? Or will you stay like this all your life? A question you don't have an answer right now but always hope that there will be someday.

You grab a beer for yourself to drown your sorrow that you'll never let him know.

'You're the most selfless person I've ever known Stiles. If she can't see that then she don't deserve you.' He said.

You got startled a little bit so you put your can of beer down and look at him - his glassy and swollen eyes.

He told you that he remembered you told him that when they first broke up. 'You don't deserve to be hurt even by the people you love' he added.

'Why don't I hear those words from you anymore?' He asked and even though you want to just look at him, look him in the eye and tell him you love him, you won't because you know what's right and you know you'll drown from his whiskey colored eyes so you have to look away.

'Because you never really listen.' You answered.

You hope the conversation to just go in a different direction because you're not as strong as you used to be. You can't tell him the words he needed to hear anymore, you can not look him straight in the eye for too long or you'll break all the walls you build up for you to move on.

'Yeah... i don't' and he broke down. He was sobbing, he was breathing so hard that you just have to calm him.

'Hey... Stiles, look at me. Listen to me' you said as you place both of your hand on his face and urging him to look at you - trying hard to make him calm. 'Stiles... please look at me' you pleaded.

And when he finally look you in the eye, he faintly stop his sobs and wipe a tear on your face - your tears.

You don't know why you suddenly broke down as well. It was not a sob but tears keeps falling down your eyes.

You hated it. Why do you always have to be hurt more than he is?

He kept on wiping your tear with both his hand on your face and you do the same to him.

Is this how things supposed to be now? Just wiping each other tears instead of being happy together?

Till time seems to have stop when he slowly place his lips on yours.

Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe he got carried away by the heat of the moment.

Was it a mistake? Cause it doesn't feel anything like it.

It's something that you always wanted, it did not feel like a mistake, but why doesn't it feel right as well?