I Will Wait

The guys and I were really nervous about starting the tour, mostly because I was going. They didn't want me to get trampled by fans, getting hate from all directions, and most importantly, they didn't want me to feel like a burden.

And since it was the first day, we had to get ready by 5 A.M. So we went to bed at 7 P.M. last night. Although, the boys weren't too happy about it, I told them to suck it up.

"GUYS! IF WE DON'T GET OUT OF HERE, I'M TAKING AWAY YOUR PHONES WHEN WE GET ON THE BUS!" I yelled. Not even a second later, they fell in line, suitcases by their sides, pajamas still on their bodies.

I laughed at my newfound power, knowing that I'll be taking advantage of that same power throughout the tour.

"Time to go. But first we need to drop Sawyer off at my house" I said, leaving after everyone, making sure to grab all of Sawyer's stuff before locking the house.

All of the boys were quick to get to their bunks, going back to bed, except Jonah, whom was posting to Sawyer's Instagram.

"Baby, at least be glad that he doesn't have to go back to Stillwater" I kissed Jonah, reassuring him that his son would be okay.

"I know, he is just gonna miss his mom" he spoke for Sawyer, making me smile.

"I'll miss you to honey" I smiled, scratching behind Sawyer's ear.

---

After we dropped Sawyer off, I got into my bunk, I shifted around for what felt like 20 minutes. I really couldn't sleep. I didn't know what to do, so I got out of my bunk and went to the back of the bus. I grabbed Daniel's guitar, and started playing. After a while, Jonah came in, sitting next to me, saying "We're trying to sleep babe. Do you want to come into my bunk to help you go to sleep?"

Putting the guitar down, I held my arms up and he picked me up, bringing me to his bunk. He got in after me and made sure I was comfortable. I turned around to face him, and he was already asleep. well, I was stuck now.

Oddly enough, I fell asleep instantly.

----

I woke up to complete silence, I wasn't next to Jonah anymore either, which really confused me. I walk out to the front of the bus, seeing all the guys dressed and ready for the first day of tour.

"Why didn't you wake me up??" I whined, looking at Jonah.

He reached his arms out, signalling me to jump into them. Once I did, he gave me a good morning kiss, followed by a hug.

"I wanted you to sleep in" He said while playing with my hair.

I looked at the table to see empty Starbucks cups, kind of annoyed they didn't ask me.

"You guys got coffee without me?!?" I said, getting slightly pissed off, especially at Jonah, because he knows I can't function without it. He lifted a full cup saying,"Iced Chai Tee latte, With chocolate drizzle"

I smiled from ear to ear, grabbing the cup and immediately taking a sip. I moaned at the satisfaction, earning a weird look from the boys. Although, Jonah just smiled.

"Marry me" I let out, covering my mouth right after, not really meaning to say it.

He smiled and kissed my forehead, taking one of my hands into his. "I plan to"

"Go get dressed, we have to be at promo in twenty minutes" He told me, pushing me off of his lap, taking my coffee until I had gotten ready.

"Jo! I want my coffee." I exclaimed

He just shook his head and told me to get dressed. I let out an irritated groan, stomping to the back of the bus, changing into shorts and a cropped Why Don't We hoodie. Then putting my high top converse on.

I stomped back out and snatched the cup out of my boyfriend's hand.

"Sorry if I look ugly, I don't own any makeup" I told the guys, sitting back down next to Jo.

They all deadpanned, completely dumbfounded.

"Wait, you don't wear any makeup? At all?" Corbyn questioned.

I shook my head and took another sip of coffee. The boys looked at Jonah and their eyes widened.

"Yes, I get to wake up to her every morning, always looking perfect" He smiled, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Suck up" I mumbled.

He looked at me with slight anger. I knew he just wanted to compliment me, but I don't know how to take them well, which got me into a lot of trouble when I was younger.

"Sorry" Was all I said to make Jonah's face soften.

"I know, Princess" He replied, giving me a peck on the lips before he continued to play with my hair.

When we pulled up to the radio station, girls were crowding around the bus instantly, automatically giving me anxiety. I was instantly grabbed by Jonah, trying to calm me down.

"Go tell them, I don't want her having a breakdown." Jonah told Corbyn, making sure he grabbed the megaphone. He opened the door, my ears immediately filled with screams.

"Everybody, listen!" He yelled into the device, causing them to simmer down after 5 seconds, "Layla will have an anxiety attack if you start reaching out and grabbing at us, so we will need you to clear a path. We will have plenty of time to talk to you guys after promo"

All the fans complied and made a path to the entrance of the station.

I got up and grabbed the megaphone from Corbyn and said, "I say boom boom boom, now let me hear you say WAYHOOOOO!!!"

"WAYHOOOOO" They responded, making me smile from ear to ear.

"How many of you have tickets to tonight's show?" I asked, causing all of them to raise their hands except for one little girl in the front, wearing a Marais jersey. I handed the megaphone back to Corbyn, stepping out of the bus, picking her up.

"What's your name, Sweetie?" I asked.

"Cassie." She answered.

"And how old are you, Cassie?" I asked again.

She held up 5 fingers and smiled. Then I noticed she had a gap in her teeth, just like Daniel.

"I love your jersey, Jonah's your favorite, isn't he?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows, causing the little girl to laugh, nodding her head.

"Well, since he's my favorite too, I would like to invite you to come to the show tonight, with backstage passes, so you can watch the show with me. And obviously with a limelight pass. How does that sound?" I questioned.

She looked back at her mom with pleading eyes and her mom nodded to her.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" she yelled, wrapping her tiny body onto mine, nuzzling her head into my ear.

Before putting her down, I reached into my pocket, pulling out a limelight package and handed it to her.

I was so focused on her, that I didn't realize that every single fan had their phones out, recording the whole interaction. I walked up to her mom and handed her my phone, telling her to put her number in. Once she did, I gave Cassie a kiss on her cheek and smiled at her.

"Would you do me the honors of being like my baby sister?" I asked, hoping she would say yes.

She nodded her head. And that's when all the fans cooed, and some started crying.

"I'll see you later, okay?" I stated, before I walked back to the bus and grabbed the boys, rushing them into the station.