Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your god. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Jasmine

"Jasmineeee...!!"

I groaned internally as my sister, Vanessa bounced into my room without knocking to plop on my bed next to me.

"have I ever told you how much I love you sis..?" she cheesed as she aggressively pulled me into a hug.

"what do you want nessa?" I asked setting my phone down momentarily.

she scoffed and let me go, "why I gotta want something?"

"i'll ask again, what do you want vanessa?"

she huffed and folded her arms over her chest, "can you do me a really big favor please..?"

"that depends on what it is." I answered picking up my phone again.

she snatched the phone out my hand ignoring my objections, "can you braid a friend of andré's hair this weekend before the party?"

"I'm busy."

"doing what?"

"other shit."

"no you not."

"you right."

"can you please just do this for me jas! I know you don't like andré but he's not that bad and i'm really feeling him." she whined as she tugged on the ends of my sweater.

"i'm not about to let you use me to get close to no fucking drug dealer, what i look like going over to a known drug dealer house." I argued.

"you act like andré is out here snatching old ladies purses, at least he gettin' paid." she said defensively.

"distributing that poisonous shit into our community aint much better nessa." I answered rolling my eyes.

"pleeease..? do this for me and I'll owe you, whatever you want." she pleaded.

I paused for a moment before releasing a sigh, "fine, i'll do it."

"thank you!" she smiled before tackling me into another hug.

I internally scolded myself. I always made a conscious effort to steer as far away from andré and his people as humanly possible.

my father must be turning over in his grave knowing that not one but two of his daughters were getting mixed up with people like andré.