Chapter 21: Dareth

Song Quote: Tongue Tied
"Take me to your best friend's house
I loved you then and I love you now
Don't take me tongue tied
Don't wave no goodbye"
~~~

Your Pov:
You woke with a start when you felt something fall onto the floor right next to you followed by some groaning.

Sitting up from your bed you looked around wildly fully alert to the possible threat.

"Ow..." Lloyd groaned as he laid on top of Cole's face.

"Get off my face Lloyd" Cole groaned as the green ninja rolled off and stood up rubbing his back.

"What happened?" Kai asked sitting up on the crate he made his bed. His eyes were squinting through the dim morning light. It was barely after dawn.

"I fell off the top bunk" Lloyd sighed rubbing his back deciding to just lay down on the floor.

"Are you alright?" Zane asked the boy with worry earning a nod.

You got up from your bed grabbing the green ninja before plopping back into your little hammock.

"Jay you can have the top bunk" You told the green ninja as you closed your eyes going back to sleep. You kept an arm around Lloyd as he nestled up to you placing your Teddy bear in your other hand.

"Woohoo...." Jay cheered still half asleep as he took the pillow he was snuggling and climbed up the wooden ladder almost falling off himself.

"Everyone go back to sleep" Kai hissed as peace once again filled the room. You could hear Cole's snores as he laid on the floor. They weren't disruptive but Kai tossed a pillow over the earth ninja's face.

You started nodding off while using your extended leg to slightly rock the hammock soothing the green ninja to a comforting slumber.

Everyone jumped as the front door opened revealing Sensei Wu with a bag of groceries and a fresh smile on his face.

"Good morning everyone I brought fresh groceries for breakfast" he greeted as he entered the room nudging the occupants awake.

Kai covered his head with his pillow as Nya pulled her blanket up. Jay snuggled his pillow harder ignoring the sensei while Cole was an unmovable rock.

"Up and at em" Wu told the earth ninja nudging him with his staff.

"Sensei it's barely dawn" Jay complained as you rolled out of bed as Lloyd groaned for you to stay. You handed the green ninja in training your Teddy bear for the moment.

You took Wu's bag of food putting it in the fridge grabbing Wu's tea pot pouring the old man a cup.
Walking back to him you handed over the cup.

"It's too early. Lloyd needs to sleep" you told him gesturing the Sensei to sit and wait.

"Drink your morning tea" you told him as he agreed allowing the ninja to sleep for a while longer.

Getting back into bed Lloyd embraced you welcoming your warmth as he dreamed. Looking down at his peaceful expression and soft breathing you let out a sigh of content.

"Green bean" you thought pushing his blond bangs out of his face.

~~~

Walking out of the library you gazed at the book in your hands. The ninja kicked you out of your own apartment so they could have enough room in the small space to train Lloyd.

Shrugging it off you cracked open one of your new books. Your mind craved knowledge. Yearning to know about the world around you. What better way than through reading and expanding your mind.