six ✔

A z u r e

    My phone starts to ring, and I groan, the recent feeling of not wanting any distractions, fading instantly.

    "Hello?" I answer, holding the phone between my shoulder and my ear.

    "Hello. This is Harry Styles, CEO of Styles Publishing Inc. I was just wondering if I could speak to Azure Purdy?"

    I internally groan. "This is she."

    "Good. I've been meaning to talk to you since our little encounter not so long ago."

    "What about it, Mr. Styles?"

    "It seems to me that your company is going bankrupt, am I right?"

    "Yes."

    "When do you think you'll be out of the building, by?" I can practically see the ignorance dripping from his voice.

    "There will be absolutely no need for that, Mr. Styles. I can assure you that I will be staying in this very building for a long time."

    "Very well then, Miss. Purdy. Until later, I bid you farewell."

    The line drops, and I let out a sigh of relief. How can one man be such a bastard?

● ● ●

    5:30 p.m

    It's supposed to be my time to start packing up and going home, but I decide to ignore the alarm on my phone that is going off.

    8:47 p.m

    My eyes are glued to the computer screen, moving them only to see the information provided on the paper next to my keyboard.

    Will I ever escape this work pile?

    9:53 p.m

    Getting up from my desk and practically wiping the contents of my desk drawers into my duffle bag, I swiftly head out to the elevator a few feet in front of me.

    Selecting the "1" button in the elevator, I wait for it to arrive to the floor.

    I can hear the heavy rain from where I stand. Sighing, I remember that I didn't bring a umbrella because I thought I wouldn't need one today.

   Pushing open the door, I exit the building, immediately receiving rain drops on my head.

   I run across the street to the community parking lot that has no type of covergae from the rain. Quickly scrambling for my keys, I unlock my car and hop into it.

  I place the keys inside the "starter" and turn it. The engine making various noises before sputtering and turning off. I try it again, but it's no use.

   I get out of the car, picking up my duffle bag and start to walk back to the edge of the parking lot where the sidewalk is.

   With each step I take, my clothes get soaked even more. I ignore the goosebumps rising on my arms and continue to walk towards, and then eventually onto the sidewalk.

   "Hey!" I hear a voice call out from behind me.

   I move my head to the left, seeing a black SUV right behind me with a man inside. I choose to ignore it and keep walking.

   "You're going to catch something if you keep walking away from me!" I hear the voice yell out again. I still choose to ignore it, but the person pulls up right next to me.

   "What do you want?" I call out to the person.

   "You're going to be sick!" He yells back, and that's when I recognize his voice.

   "I do believe that I don't need your help,  Mr. Styles!"

   I can see him roll his eyes. "Just get in the car, miss."

   Sighing, I walk to his car. Realization of having work tomorrow is why I even stopped to talk to Harry.

   I tell him my adress, but after that, everything is completely silent; including the streets.

  As he pulls up to my house, I say, "Thanks for driving me, Harry."

   He nods his head and gives me a small smile. I open my door, and start walking towards my front door.

   "Have a good night, Azure!" I hear him yell out.

   The small smile I had on my face is now replaced with a slight frown. I never gave him my name.

----------------------------------

-sorry it took so long to update.
-on the bright side, it's a longer update than usual.
-i'm hoping to get this story updated at least once a week.