Chapter 2

SYLVIA

FINALLY, my family is complete! My heart is overwhelmed by the scenario that I'm seeing right now. I feel so happy that my big sister is here with us, and I mentally promised that I would do everything to make her stay with us for good. Soon, we will be a delighted family when Dad marries Marie. I can't help but plaster a big smile on my face.

Maria or Geste preferred to call her by her second name, and I was stepsisters.

When my father was sixteen, her Mom was my father's girlfriend and impregnated her without knowing it. The latter did not inform him because my grandparents threatened her. Geste's mother was poor, and my grandparents think she was only after my father's money. So, they give her a small amount to stay away from my Dad. Geste's mother had no choice but to obey them for the sake of the child that was in her womb.

That's what Geste told us.

I frowned, remembering her stories because I recall imagining how they suffered from poverty before Dad found her. Her Mom died the day she was about to graduate from High School because of heart failure and fatigue. Her Mom overworked herself to sustain Geste's studies and their daily needs. I cried all night when I learned this from Manang Linda when Geste left for New York.

I didn't readily accept Geste in the family, I made her life miserable when Dad first brought her here, but Geste also knew how to fight, so we tried to kill each other.

That is what I'm planning to do right now, on how to take her out of my life, in our life. I wonder what my scheme should be. Should I kill her with mercy or no mercy at all?

No, I was joking. I love Geste. I had learned to love Geste as my sister when I learned about her hardships. She became one of my motivations; that's why I'm working my ass off at school. You could say I did well because I'm the number one, the top in my class. I'm also popular because they call me "the queen bee" in our school.

As I'm watching Geste talking with Dad, I can't help but remember the past. The memory of that day is still vivid. I still can't forget that moment when we nearly killed each other.

~*~

SEVEN YEARS AGO...

"I WILL kill you, bitch!" I yelled at the sixteen-year-old girl, who they said was my sister. I really can't believe that Dad has a bastard daughter.

"Try harder, psycho," she calmly said.

That's one of the reasons why my rage has outburst more towards her because she's just cool about everything! But for me? I have this temper but only towards her.

Who wouldn't have? I was the ONLY princess in this mansion, but then Geste entered our lives, and she drew Dad's attention. I was jealous, totally jealous.

I got nobody except Dad, and this bastard is taking his attention from me. Mom died a year ago because of breast cancer, so I only have Dad in my life right now.

I clench my jaw and throw a punch at her face. She saw it coming, and she easily dodged it.

"That's the best you got, psycho?" she asked mockingly in her calm voice with a poker face. How does she do that? Ugh! And now I'm more pissed.

And me? Well, I can feel that my face is so red that if only it is possible, like in the cartoons, you can see smoke coming from my nose and ears because of anger.

"Of course not!" I kicked her in her stomach. Now she's curling in pain.

Though I'm seven years younger than her, our height didn't make a big difference. She's 5'4," and I'm 5' flat. I'm tall at a young age. I don't know why. Maybe it's in our genes.