Chapter 23: Research

I go downstairs and enter the kitchen where Maddox and Hunter are sitting down. Upon my entrance they turn towards me. Hunter gets up and hugs me tight. I hug him back fiercely before pulling away to look at both of them.

I go over Orion's letter in my mind. I look at Maddox. " Orion saw you with me. Twice. In the note he said he had to...restore balance. Two people were killed within seconds of each other. They were sacrificed because of us". My voice cracks and I clear it. I will not cry.

I focus on the important part of the note. Orion. He's calling himself Orion for a reason. I pull out my phone, go to Google and search up Orion.

A picture of a constellation appears along with a image of...a statue with the name Orion  and mythology on it. Next to that one there's the name Orion and space craft. I click onto the mythology Orion.

It sends me to a Wikipedia page. I skim it until the name Artemis pops up out at me. Artemis, Goddess of the hunt. My Little Huntress....

I blink and type in "Artemis and Orion mythology" into my search bar. I get another Wikipedia link and I skip until I see the words Artemis and Orion. I tap it and it takes me to a website with a large picture of a man and women entwined in each other's arms in what looks to be in the wilderness. Underneath the picture is basically a biography.

I read all of it. My throat goes dry once I'm finished. I look at my phone to my brother and Maddox. I open and close my mouth, trying to find the words that evade me so. I clear my throat and they turn to look at me. Having their attention I speak, " I think I know why Orion is killing these people..."

I show them my phone and while they look over the website I explain my theory. " Orion thinks I'm Artemis, he believes we're meant to be together on Mount Olympus but that our love has coat us our place and he needs to make sacrifices for us to regain our rightful place". I shake my head in shock, bile threatening to come up.

My brother let's out a breathe, " He's killed six people already...how many more until he stops?".

I grab my phone and look at the picture of Orion and Artemis entwined together. "I don't know" I answer.