Chapter One The tale of a hero and a monster.

(Hello this my newest gender-bend fan-fiction retelling of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I was inspired to make this story by many Disney Gender-bend fan art and also from classic stories; Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.)

{Disclaimer: I don't own Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame or the characters.}

In the city of Paris, the bells from Notre Dame rang out joyously in the morning as the people in the town were dressed in their finest and preparing for a special event.

"Lovely day for the wedding," the baker man greets the passing villagers as he made a special cake for the occasion and placed in his cart.

"Yes, it's a beautiful day for the wedding," answered the florist girl with a basket full of many coloured roses for decorations.

As the grown-ups were getting ready for the grand day, the children; who finished their chores, ran straight to the puppet theatre wagon run by Clopin; a puppeteer, an entertainer and King of the Gypsies.

"Listen, they're beautiful, no?" Clopin asked the children as they gathered around him, "So many colours of sound, so ever-changing moods, because you know they don't ring all by themselves."

"They don't?" Asked the hand puppet that looked like him.

"No, you silly boy," Clopin answered and drew back the curtain of his theatre to show the children and his hand puppet the Cathedral bell towers, "because up there, high, high in the dark bell tower used to live a mysterious bell ringer."

"Who is this bell ringer?"

"Who?" Asked his hand puppet.

"What kind of person lives there?"

"What?" The puppet pestered.

"How did this person come to be there?"

"How?" The puppet interrupted again.

"Hush!" Clopin scolded his puppet and hit on the head with a stick; the children laugh as the doll groaned, "And Clopin will tell you."

The children gathered closer as Clopin began his story.

"It is a tale, the tale of a hero...and a monster."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One winter's night at the docks of Paris, four frighten gypsies, and their ferryman was sailing by ferry in secret into Paris.

The passengers were two brothers and their younger sister and her arms wrapped in a blanket was her baby, as they were sailing under the bridge the baby began to cry in the freezing cold air.

"Shut it up will you!" The gypsy woman's brother whispered her in alarm.

"Will be spotted!" Her other brother hissed in fear of being discovered.

"Hush my sweet little one," the mother gently hushed her baby, and let the child play with her oval-shaped gold pendant with a dove symbol engraved on the surface, the child quietens down as they continued the journey.

At last, they had reached their destination and quietly stepped out of the boat.

"Four guilders, for safe passage into Paris," the ferryman demanded, and just as one the gypsy men prepared to pay him, and arrow came out of nowhere and stuck on the ferryman's oar.

They looked and saw a group of soldiers with weapons in hand had surrounded them with nowhere to escape.

Then they heard a sound of heavy clomping in the snow, they slowly turned and saw what's coming towards them.