Mountain Man (Na No Wri Mo)

Kenju Manu wasn't a very nice person. She was spoiled, mean, and complained about vertually anything; she complained about the weather, how she could ever make her hair stay in a bun, and how her room wasn't big enough. She complained about every thing that wasn't true, and was overdramatic. If she broke a nail, she would cry, and act like her mom just died. In fact, if her mom died she wouldn't cry, she would be happy that more of the family's fortune was going to her. She thought everything was about her, andwouldn't stop saying that she was better than everybody. The only thing that was bad in her life, was that her family never had time for her. She never felt loved. The closest thing to a friend she ever had was a servant boy that tried to be nice to her, but gave up after a week of dealing with her. She lived with her mom, dad, servants, and dog. She lived like royalty, in a mansion, like a big shot.

Her brother on the other had was completely different. His name was Monju, and he was nice to everyone, even Kenju, but he still never loved her.  He was twenty-two years old, and was getting married in a week, to a peasent girl (something their parents didn't approve of), and was gonna move to America, to go to college. Oh, you must be wondering where they lived. Kenju, and their parents lived in a big city in Asia, while Monju lived in a small village in the mountains, about two-hundered miles away. He didn't accept any of their parents money, instead he was a farmer, and made his money off of selling his produce at the local market. Even though he loved farming, he always wanted to go into computer-science. He always wanted to work with technology, and that seemed like the right place for him.

Either way, I have to get on with the story.

Kenju, and her parents decided to take a train to go to her brothers wedding. They heard that there was supposed to be some mildly bad weather up in the mountains, but that the train would still be in operation. Her parents argued that the train wasn't going to be safe enough to ride, but anyone could tell that they just didn't want to go to the wedding of the son they almost dis-owned. Kenju, being the stubborn girl she is said that they either went with her, or stayed home, and she would run away like her brother right when she turned eighteen. That of course, shut them up. 

They always wanted perfect child. A year ago, when Kenju turned sixteen, her birthday present was a date with one of the most suitable bachelors. This of course ended as a failed date, but ever since, they had done the same thing ever week. After a year, on her seventeenth birthday, they decided that setting up dates wasn't going to work, so they started to look for a suitable man for her to have an arranged marriage with. A week ago, they found one, but once he met her, he fled away. Anyways, she hated feeling rejected, so her threatening to run away was a normal thing, but they took it seriouslt every time.

Anyways, they boarded the modern looking train, and found some seats in the back. The seats were a tan color, and very comfortable. Along with everything else in the bus, they were in great shape, and very fashionable. But, to Kenju that wasn't enough.

"Mother, why did you have to get us such a horrible train? They don't even have a dinner cart. how am I surive this, when it's like hell, re-invented. Why couldn't we have tooken a plane, that would have been a lot better-" her loud complaints were cut off by a gruffy looking man, and a few others couruses of 'shut up', 'stop talking', and 'stop being a brat', in different Asain languages. She crossed her arms over her chest, and put her head in the air, and breathed a Hmmph.

They remained like that for a long time, in silence as they entered the mountains. Out the fog covered windows, they could see small ponds, and green covered mountains around them. Deer, and other creatures pranced around in the woods, hiding behind trees, drinking water from the pond, or running away fromt the train, into the thick bush. Everthing went by fast, but everyone could see the natural beauty behind it all. Everyone couldn't help, but let out a little 'wow', even Kenju let out a breath at the breath taking place around them. 

Kenju watched as a deer, walked by the train tracks ahead of them. She had never seen anything like it in her life, the way the foe protected her babies that hid behind her legs. At home, there was never any wildlife, so this was new, and she loved it. The nature she saw was like a new gift for her, that she would usually forget about, but for once she saw something that she didn't want to get rid of.

She was so caught up her thoughts, and apparently everyone else was; including the driver, that no-one saw the deer come right in front of them, until it was too late, and they were rolling.