The End is Nigh

I LOVE YOU GUYS LIKE SOOO MUCH!!!! I am so terribly sorry about the extra long wait for this! It's really been a struggle to write, I wasn't sure how to go about doing this, getting so close to the end and all.. Welp, here it is, I won't keep you anymore! ENJOY!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lana Graham and my own twist on the Captain America movie!

At one point or another, everyone has to get back to work, even the great Captain America. That meant I tagged along, ready to help anyway that I could. Steve, myself and the rest of his squad was sitting at a conference table in one of our many underground bases in Germany while Phillips gave us the run-down on his interrogation of Dr. Zola.

“Yohan Schmidt belongs in a bug house. He thinks he‘s God and he‘s willing to blow up half the world to prove it. Starting with the USA.” The Colonel stated, keeping his back to us and pointing at the large map on the wall.

“Schmidt‘s working with powers beyond our capabilities. He get‘s across the Atlantic, he‘ll wipe out the entire Eastern seaboard in an hour.” Stark said, a cold chill settling in my spine.

“How much time do we have?” I asked, getting the attention of everyone in the room. I quickly shifted back into my chair and wished I could turn invisible.

“According to my new best friend, less than 24 hours.” Phillips answered, turning all eyes back to him.

“Where is he now?” One of Steve’s elite group members asked, looking over maps and papers in his hands.

“Hydra‘s base is here, in the Alps. 500 feet below the surface.” The Colonel stated, pointing to a new picture of deep snow and the outline of a few smoke stacks.

“So what are we supposed to do? It’s not like we can just knock on the front door. ” Another one of Steve’s men said, leaving the statement hanging in the air.

“Why not?” All eyes turned to the Captain as he looked over his papers.

“Steve?” I piped up and Steve seemed to jolt from his thoughts and looked directly at me.

“That‘s exactly what were going to do.” He cleared his throat, turning his eyes back to the Colonel, who looked as stunned as everyone else.

After a few more thrown about comments, the plan was set to charge the front of the facility. I volunteered myself for the mission, much to everyone’s surprise. That included Steve’s.

“There‘s no way I‘m letting you go through this alone.” I whispered to him after he’d lightly taken my arm after the meeting and lead me into a stray conference room. Even before I finished the comment, I could feel the fight and distaste he had for me volunteering myself. I hushed his words before he could say them, with my fingertips.

“There‘s nothing that could come out of your perfect lips that‘ll change that, Steve.” I whispered again, moving my fingers to cup his cheek.

“I lost Bucky-” Steve started, his voice slightly broken as he touched his forehead to mine. He grabbed up my other hand and held it tightly.

“You won‘t lose me, Steve.” I reassured, smiling warmly at him.

“Let‘s get Schmidt, alright?” I chimed after a few second of us standing there, relishing the other’s company.

“Together.” Squeezing Steve’s hand as tight as he was mine. Just as we broke apart, someone on the other side of the door hollered for the Captain.

Like a true gentleman, he opened the door for me and I brushed past him slowly. They had already assembled the rest of the team and we were getting ready to head to the Alps.