Chapter 2- Necklace

I sigh, blowing a strand of hair out of my face. I prop my feet up on a stool as Brooklyn goes over to the machines to make herself a strawberry banana shake. I know her too well.

The bell rings on the door and Brook jumps up to the cashier to help the first customer in centuries.

I join her to get a look at the customer, but I stop dead in my tracks once I see who it is.

"Hello street girl."

"Star boy." I greet back and look away.

"Hey, you know, I think I forgot my...um...panties...? in the back room. I'll just...uh..go." Brooklyn dashes away to the room.

Yeah, just leave me alone with the overly proud celebrity boy, great idea. I have such a amazing best friend, don't I?

"What's your order." I grumble. "Now, now. Is that any way to treat a customer?" He wags a finger in my face as I slap it away.

"You're lucky I'm nice, kitty. One strawberry caramel."

Oh, I get it. First street girl and now kitty?! Well, two can play at that game.

"Anything else bae?"

"Why thank you."

"I'll have you know bae means poop in Dutch. So that means you're a bag full of shiz."

"Aw, street kitty doesn't curse."

"Shut up." I glare at him before going to make the smoothie.

"You know, I have some friends that want to meet you." He leans on the counter.

I shoot him an eyebrow, which almost makes me over dose the sugar amount.

"Their from The Voice, my friends Lyca, Darlene, and Darren."

"Oh, them. I guess so if I have to." I've gotta say I was excited. More excited than meeting star bae.

I give him the smoothie, expecting him to leave, but he just stays there with a smirk.

"So are you gonna leave or...?"

That's when he grabs the whipped cream and, before I can scream, he squirts the whole can on my uniform and face.

I gasp, wiping the cream slowly and grabbing the caramel bottle and squirting it on his face and hair.

"Gah!" He grabs all liquids and dumps it on me.

He runs behind the counter and I dodge him and try to run out, but he grabs me by the waist and pulls me back, rubbing sugar and chocolate chips in my hair.

And Brooklyn had to pick that moment to walk out of the room.

"Hey, I heard noises and I was checking if you guys were making out furiously so-" he looks up at our twisted position and the whipped cream floor.

"Oh. You guys...uh...were you... no... wait." She realizes something. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN HERE?!"

"She started it!"

"No...he started it!"

We point at each other like little kids fighting over a doll.

Brook sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose like a mom.

"Go get cleaned." She sighs to me and JK, since we live in the same house.

"C'mon. I'm first in the shower."

"Oh really? I thought we were going in together." He winks at me and I punch his arm.

After getting cleaned, we're sat on a couch, skittles in hand, hair dripping wet, and The Notebook on the TV.

"I still hate you." I sigh, eyes on the screen.

"I know." Karlos tells me.

I go to my room, looking for my necklace that dad gave me.

But I can't find it.

I start panicking and throwing drawers open, looking for it.

"Looking for something?" Juan Karlos leans on the doorway, my necklace dangling from his fingers.

I storm up to him and try to grab it, but he pulls it.

"Hey! Give it back!!" I pull.

"No way." He smirks and pulls it harder.

Then a crack comes.

The necklace, now broken to bits, lies on the floor.

"No!" I go on my knees and pick up the remains of the necklace.

"You can't just DO THAT! THAT WAS FROM MY FATHER!" I shout at him, but he seems unfazed.

"Oh what? Daddy forgot to buy you nail polish and rewarded you with a stupid necklace?"

"My father died!! He left to go to Iraq for war, and he never came back." By this time, tears were streaming down my face in a never ending stream. "You don't know how it feels like to be left by the only person you thought that loved you and he leaves you alone with a monster who acts like she's so close and nice to me at day, but beats me up at night. So come to me again when you understand how I feel like."

I slam the door and, in the darkness of the rainy night and feeling more alone than ever, I sob myself to sleep.