Chapter 1- Through the Smoke

🍍 Hello, thanks for visiting my newest story! There is a lot of dialog in the beginning but it will die down farther into the story. -Crystaline🍍

Adrien's P.O.V

I walked around the school desperately looking for a place to transform. When the Akuma first attacked it managed to knock down more than a few buildings in the matter of minutes.

Third person P.O.V

There Ladybug stood, atop a short apartment building scanning the city for any signs of the Akuma. It had destroyed many buildings leaving havoc across the city. Luckily all citizens had been evacuated creating an eerie silence throughout Paris.

Adrien's P.O.V

I quickly slipped into an empty alleyway.

AG-"Plagg transform me!'

Once the transformation was over with I quickly jumped onto the rooftops. Taking out my staff I dialed Ladybug's yo-yo, my heart racing in urgency.

Third person P.O.V

Chat Noir quickly jumped across the rooftops holding his staff to locate Ladybug.

CN-"Ladybug, where are you?"

LB-"Chat? Oh-I'm near district six, heading to the Eiffel Tower."

CN-"Got it, see you there."

The call ended leaving both heroes to their destination, both arriving nearly at the same time.

LB-"Glad you're okay and didn't get caught in all the chaos." She put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, and smiled to him.

CN-"Same goes for you M'Lady." He said, as he bowed his head to her, a hand on his heart.

LB-"Any idea of where the Akuma is?"

He sighed in disappointment.

CN-"Not a clue, but the last explosion I heard was near the school."

LB-"Well, I guess we can start the search there."

CN-"Let's hope we find something there."

Both Chat Noir and Ladybug raced across the rooftops, over rubble of once tall buildings, through smoke, and dust blinding their vision.

CN-"Hold on." He coughed through his arm.

Both stopping on a nearby rooftop.

CN-"We can't *cough* make it though this." *cough*  "We can't see *cough* even ten feet in front of us."

Suddenly a large crumble was heard shaking the building they were standing on. A large crash and another layer of smoke came over them.

LB-"Hold your breath!"

Chat being a little to late on her command breathed in some smoke from falling buildings. This lead to him falling onto his knees into a coughing fit. He covered his mouth with both of his hands. 

Once the smoke cleared Ladybug took a deep breath in.

LB-"Are you okay?"

Chat merely nodded.

LB-"Looks like it must have gone through here."

CN-"But which direction did it go?"

Both listened through the smoke waiting to hear even the faintest of sounds.

CN-"Wait." He said, quickly shooting an arm in-front of her.

 Ladybug stayed quiet, waiting. Chat's cat ears moved slowly to any noise he could catch. Night vision was not the only advancement his powers gave him, he had advanced hearing as well. 

All of the sudden Chat pushed Ladybug out of the way.

CN-"Run!" That was the last thing that came from his minus a scream of agony, while he was dragged by the leg off of the rooftop.

LB-"Chat!" She quickly reached out to grab his hand.

She grabbed it, pinning herself against the rooftop.

LB-"Hold on!" She said through gritted teeth.

Chat Noir was pulled down harder making Ladybug lose her grip on the roof.

CN-"Ladybug let go." He said calmly looking up at her, completely opposite to her frustrated demeanor.

LB-"No why?!" "Why would I let you go?" She replied struggling to hold onto his arm, her grip was slipping.

CN-"If you hold on it'll pull us both down. Paris can't survive without its heroes.."

 "but it can survive with one."

LB-"No don-"

Chat smiled at her, with eyes that begged for forgiveness. Then he let go, being pulled into the smoke that still blanketed the city below.

LB-"CHAT NO!"   "no.."

Ladybug stood up, she knew she couldn't go after him. She would not be able to see through the smoke, whatever pulled him down there, was something she didn't want to face alone.

End of Chapter 1

Through the Smoke