9. And It Only Gets Worse

Chapter song: WTF by HUGEL

Okay so this video has to be the cringiest thing ever, but the song SLAPS and the lyrics are essentially Mina being all jealous about Andrew and telling Taylor to back the fuck up bitch.

__________

Lunch with Ryan was actually really nice and enjoyable. Do I think my feelings for him are romantic yet? No. But I enjoy spending time with him, and it gets me out of the house and away from a certain redhead with a laugh as sweet as honey and a smile that could melt chocolate.

In fact, lunch was so successful, that Ryan asked if I wanted to go down to the arcade afterwards and play some of the games. There was a ring toss game and Ryan was determined to get enough tickets to buy me something from the counter. Twenty bucks and 700 tickets later, I went away with a little toy frog keyring, the kind that's squishy and filled with sand.

We spent the remainder on sweets and sat on the hood of his Hummer as we scoffed them, laughing about his lame attempts at trying to get the rings over the moving milk bottles. He handled my little teases like a champ, not getting upset about me bruising his masculinity.

The sun was starting to dip behind the trees now, casting a gorgeous golden glow over us as we watched cars whizz past.

The conversation takes a deeper turn as the evening gets darker.

"So your friend Andrew, I saw about him and Taylor." Ryan points out, more of a statement than a question, but I can tell he wants to know what's going on.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they slept together."

Ryan's eyebrows go up in silent surprise. "You know that? Did he tell you?" He asks. I sigh and shake my head.

"No, but it's obvious they did. He wouldn't talk about it today when I saw him." I think back to our awkward and almost painful encounter this morning. Ryan picks up his Slushee cup and sips on it thoughtfully.

"I knew Taylor from way back when. We were in a couple of campaigns together, when I used to model professionally." He reveals.

"You were a model?!" I choke out. Ryan nods.

Well I mean of course he's going to be a model, have you seen him?!

"Yeah. Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would." He shrugs. A thought pops up in my mind.

"You said you knew Taylor. You guys don't speak anymore?" I ask him, wondering if there was some history between them both. It certainly would make sense. Two very attractive people dating.

Ryan pulls a face, something in his mind triggering the reaction as he reminisces.

"Taylor is very...high maintenance, shall we say. She's also very vengeful when it comes to guys. I turned her down at an afterparty and she tried to ruin my career."

"Jesus!" I gasp, unable to believe someone would try to sabotage someone's job simple because they got rejected. Overreaction much?