Not Mine

I'm Seth Montez and I'm 17 years old. I've been mistaken for a girl because I have my hair long and I'm skinny and soft spoken. I'm a guy who is attracted to girls.. Most people around me don't think so. I grew up with three older sisters and my grandmother in Chicago. My grandma Wilma always threatened to cut off my hair because I looked like Rapunzel. I always laughed my head off when she said it. I consider my long hair my beauty and strength like Sampson from the bible. 

My thoughts one year ago

In my high school, I'm a loner because I'm quite shy. I always wanted to get to know this cute chubby girl called Sabrina.

 I always wanted to get to know this cute chubby girl called Sabrina

She's always around her friends who are like outcasts in school. Whenever I walk past her, I smile at her hoping that one day she would like me back. I spent my days in the science lab working on my own experiments or on the computer creating a web page. The times I went in were when everyone was on recess or during lunch.

2 months later
I was forced to take the bus since my dad's car was by the mechanic fixing. When I entered I heard people blurt out ' fag, homo, freak' as I tried to find a seat and lo and behold Sabrina went around and gave me a seat. She told me to ignore the haters.

Sabrina: it's the first time I've seen you take the bus. I always see you around school but I never got your name.

Me: I'm Seth. I always smile at you when I pass by. My dad's car is fixing so I'm here.

Sabrina: are you taking it this evening too?

Me: most likely

Sabrina: I'll look out for you. If you see me during lunch you can come and hang out around the lunch table. We accept all.

Me: thanks. By the way, I'm not gay.

Sabrina: OK. That's fine. You can still join us.

Me: thanks.

Sabrina: what grade are you in? What subjects are you doing?

Me: 11th grade. I'm doing sciences and IT. How about you?