Today, I Met Someone Horrifying

Boredom is like a disease. It latches onto weakness and destroys any shred of inspiration or energy you once had. It makes your body want to do the opposite of what your mind wants you to do.

Lust was a creature suffering from boredom. He wanted to do something, anything! His boredom could be the death of him.

"Ugh, what should I doooooo?? Maybe I should watch something scary. Or visit an au," Lust paused. "OR BOTH!?"

Lust quickly got up and worked up the magic to summon a portal. His marvelous idea to solve his boredom was to travel to an au! Specifically, Horrortale.

He had heard about how fucking terrifying it was and avoided it as a result. But now he was bored.

The portal was summoned, a glowing oval shape rimmed with pink and constantly swirling.

With a smile and a pop of his bones, Lust stepped into the portal.

Then the next thing he knew, he was laying in the snow, and freezing. 'The temperature must be far colder here... How miserable.' Lust thought. 'Well, it's gonna be a while before my magic recharges enough for me to leave, so I might as well explore.' Lust got up, looking around. So far it looks identical to his own Snowdin, with a few quirks here and there. You know, the usual extra signpost, pathways, blood, -

Blood?

Lust carefully walked over to where he spotted the trail of blood and was quite horrified to see the remains of a human girl that looked no more than 10 years old. She had an olive green dress, and strawberry blonde hair (Lust wasn't sure if that was the natural color, or if the blood affected it). Except, most of her hair was gone, along with her eyes, right arm and leg, and even a chunk of her neck! It looked as though a wolf took a bite!

Resisting the urge to throw up, Lust quickly covers her body with snow then walks away, the image of the girl burned into his mind.

▪◇ ~•☆•~ \♡/ ~•☆•~ ◇▪

Lust had been walking for a while now and quickly learned that there were wolves (though he never encountered one, he only heard them) that roamed the place, blue snow that could kill (he saw the hundreds of dead bodies from previous foolish monsters and humans), and many human bodies. He started counting and was at 27. The humans were of various ages, but many of them were children. Lust could see a trend forming.

He shivered, raising his boney hands up to his arms and rapidly rubbing the bone with the hope of creating friction for warmth. It wasn't working very well.

In the distance, Lust could see the shape of what looked to be a building of sorts. 'Should I trust it? Considering the sights I have seen, the people here may not be too friendly...' However, in the end, the primal social instinct overrode his common sense, and Lust found himself walking towards the building.

As he drew closer, Lust immediately recognized the mystery building as a sentry station. With a small smile of relief, Lust looked around, searching for the Sans the station was attributed to.

As Lust stood beside the station cluelessly, a figure approached behind him stealthily. They placed their hand on Lust's shoulder, causing Lust to scream. But his scream was quickly muffled by a skeletal hand that was slapped across his mouth. A hushed, yet harsh voice spoke.

"Hush up, we don't wanna draw any unwanted attention, now do we?"

Lust shakily nodded and tried to pry the hand off. But the grip did not loosen.

"I'm not letting you go until I am absolutely positive you will not. Scream. Are we at an understanding?" A sharp blade was pushed against Lust's neck, causing a small cut. Magic poured out of the fresh wound, making Lust whimper in fear and pain. But nonetheless, he nodded.

The hand was lifted and Lust clutched his neck, feeling the magic and the wound.

A hand was extended towards Lust, making him silently jump.

When he looked up (or rather, down. The skeletal figure was quite shorter than him), the figure--whom he now knew was a male skeleton--was suddenly in front of him, with his hand extended.

"Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Shake. My. Hand," The skeleton spoke, his voice holding a threatening undertone. Lust had a bad feeling about what would happen if he didn't shake the skeleton's hand, but he also didn't want to. Lust quickly decided that he didn't want to die, and so, he quickly grabbed the stranger's hand, screwing his eyes shut and bracing himself for an attack.

...

But none came.

Lust opened his eyes slowly, looking down at the skeleton, confused, yet grateful he was still alive.

"The name's Sans, but my nickname is Horror. You're too scrawny to eat, so I guess you can live," Horror said, looking at Lust dismissively. Lust let out a sigh of relief when Horror said he wouldn't die.

"M-my name is Lust... Nice to meet you...?" Lust spoke, unsure. Horror gave a grunt of acknowledgement, then started walking away.

"Wait, can I come with you?" Lust called after Horror, clearly not wanting to fend for himself in the snowy wasteland that reeked of death.

"Sure whatever, I don't care," Horror responded.

Lust smiled and quickly ran up to Horror. The walk to the town was silent, and a little awkward. But soon enough, they arrived.

Snowdin Town.

Home, in a sense. But far more sinister.

Lust looked around and took note of how things differed from his own Snowdin.

The town here was quiet, and the snow fell grey. Lust had really only heard of dust storms. Apparently, if enough monsters died in a short enough time frame, their dust would be collected in the snow cycle, over and over again, until snow only fell grey. Lust shivered at the thought that he was walking through the corpses of alternate versions of his friends and family.

All of the homes were in shambles, and everything here was gray and bleak. It really lived up to the name "Horrortale".

It was like looking at a dead body... A shell of his own town, with its bright lights, vivid colors, and constant chattering... It was unnerving, to say the least.

Horror stopped at his house, which was in absolute ruin. The wood was rotting, and water damaged, the lights were out, with a determined few still flickering faintly. But many of them were cracked, or even completely shattered. As for the mailboxes, they were rusted shut, and piles of old, yellowed letters were sitting beside them, unopened and abandoned.

When Horror opened the door, it creaked loudly, making Lust shiver. Horror walked in and made a motion behind his back for Lust to follow him. Lust gulped and walked into the house.

As soon as he had taken a couple steps inside, the door slammed shut behind Lust, making him jump and look behind himself. The doorknob had traces of red magic surrounding it. Lust looked back at Horror, who was snickering. Horror was the one who closed the door. 'Toby Fox, that was scary...'

"Hehehe, that was pretty funny. Now, seeing as you won't be going back to your slutty universe anytime soon-"

"Rude." I glared at Horror, and he glared back.

"Don't interrupt me. Anyways, as I was saying, you won't be going home for a while, so, in the meantime..." He turned towards me and smiled a large and dramatic smile, and held his arms out in a presenting manner.

"Welcome home, Lust."

____________________________
1,238 words~
Yay~