~Sleeping Beauty~

The manor was almost completely silent, aside from the soft chirping of crickets and the lighthearted crackling of the fire in the fireplace. Almost everyone was asleep-only Black Hat Organization's resident genius was awake to enjoy the warmth of the fire.

     It was about one in the morning when the door creaked open. The scientist in the living room hopped out of the armchair as soon as the sound reached him, making sure the invention he'd perfected earlier that day was still resting on the coffee table.

     He tilted his head a little, watching the entryway. "Sir?"

     The man in the entrance swayed on his feet as he stepped into the house, shutting the door behind him and looking blankly at his scientist. He turned without a word and padded down the hallway, his feet dragging on the carpeted floor as he shuffled towards his room.

     Blinking, Flug moved slowly into the hall. "Sir...?" He tried again, wincing slightly when the door slammed. He exhaled slowly, pulling together all the courage he could find within himself and following the eldritch demon. Flug flexed his fingers, looking at the dark wood of the demon's door before lifting his hand.

     He knocked gently, clearing his throat. "Sir? Are you alright?"

     He received no response. Concerned, he turned the knob and pushed the door open.

     He stepped into the dimly lit room, letting the door click shut behind him."Black Hat?"

     Still nothing. As his eyes adjusted to the near-complete darkness, Flug was able to make out what he figured must be the demon's body curled into a tight ball on the bed. He smiled a little, happy to have discovered that his boss did indeed sleep.

     He turned to leave, but the sound of something soft hitting the floor stopped him in his tracks.

     Confused, Flug turned back around and looked around the room. His eyes widened when his gaze settled on the familiar shape of his boss's hat lying sideways on the carpet. Curiosity burned in his mind. If the hat was on the floor, and Black Hat was asleep...well, this presented him with a once in a lifetime opportunity.

     Yeah, Flug thought. Once in a lifetime-because if he wakes up, he'll incinerate me.

     Casting his better judgment aside, he took a deep breath and moved closer to the bed. His heart fluttered in his chest as he took in the demon's sleeping form. His cheek was squished gently against his arm, a couple of his razor-sharp teeth poking out and leaving small indents in the fabric of his sleeve. His eyes were shut-he looked peaceful, almost content. Only once he'd confirmed that the chances of the demon waking up were low enough to give him a shot at survival did Flug lean closer and glance at the top of his head.

     His breath caught in his throat. He couldn't believe it. Of all the things he'd expected to be hidden beneath the dashing tophat his boss wore each day, he certainly hadn't expected this.

     Flug reached out slowly, letting his fingers brush against the short black hair on the demon's head. He smiled at the softness, gradually lowering his entire hand into the obsidian colored fluff.

     Something cold pressed lightly against his palm, startling him and causing the demon to stir just slightly. Flug inhaled sharply, keeping absolutely still.

     When he was sure that his boss was still asleep, Flug moved his hand a little. His eyes lit up at the sight of what appeared to be a small red horn. He glanced towards the pillow, grinning when he noticed the second one. It was almost completely hidden by the red fabric of the pillowcase behind it, visible only because of the moonlight bouncing off of it.

     Flug felt his face heat up as his stomach fluttered with countless butterflies. Any fear he'd had upon entering was gone now, chased away by an overwhelming fondness for the sleeping demon.

     He let one of his fingers slide gently across the smooth surface of one of the horns, fascinated.

     A low, pleasured hum broke the silence, scaring Flug half to death. He squeaked softly, pulling his arms close to his body.

    "S-sir! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I was just checking in because I was a little worried, I mean you came in and went right to bed, not that you need my help or even want it but I still felt like I should check on you so I did and I'm sorry-" He stammered in one long string of apologies, avoiding eye contact.

     Black Hat looked at him with half-lidded eyes, a confused and tired frown on his face.

     "Flug." He murmured, reaching lazily towards him with one arm. "Give me your hand."

     Flug swallowed thickly and inched forward, letting his own palm slide smoothly into Black Hat's.

     The demon smirked and tugged the scientist abruptly towards himself. Flug squeaked in surprise as his body pressed against that of the eldritch being, his face growing impossibly warm as the taller villain pulled him easily off the ground and into bed with him.

     Black Hat turned to face his scientist and wrapped his arms gently around the flustered genius's torso, pulling him close.

     "Do that again." He murmured sleepily, tilting his head toward the scientist to allow easier access to his horns.

     Flug could barely breathe-his heart had crawled up to his throat and was doing an exceptional job of keeping air from getting to his lungs. He swallowed again, reaching a hand up once more. "You...want me to touch them?" He asked breathlessly.

     Black Hat growled halfheartedly, too tired to sound very threatening. "You heard me perfectly."

     Flug nodded and let his hand rest on its side directly between Black Hat's horns, curling his fingers loosely around one of them and stroking it lightly with his thumb.

     Black Hat's eyes fluttered shut, a quiet, pleased sound falling from his lips.

     Flug's face grew warmer as Black Hat repeated the noise. "Are you...purring, sir?"

     Black Hat only hummed in response, cuddling into Flug's chest and continuing to produce the cat-like sound.

     Flug smiled warmly at him, closing his own eyes and rubbing gentle circles against the demon's horns in time with his breathing.

     "Goodnight, sir."

     A/N Some soft fluff for the soul :) 
this was a gift for one of my close friends, @leslimasa 
He's got hair, he's got horns, what more could you ask for? ;) 
I hope you enjoyed it! 
~Star

Word Count: 1,046