Chapter 8: Sunrise

Kian’s POV

What was Silver going to tell me earlier when Ricky interrupted our conversation? Was she gonna say she likes me too? Or that she doesn’t like me like that?

It was 4am and my stomach growled as we still laid next to each other. We burst into a fit of laughter. After a few minutes later we got ourselves back together and the silence came back.

“I’m hungry.” I said.

“Me too.” Silver said.

“Let’s go find something to eat.” I said, as I got up and we went to the kitchen. I grabbed two bowls and two spoons and placed them on the counter. While Silver grabbed the cereal and milk we served ourselves and went to the table.

We quietly sat next to each other. Enjoying our cereal, I swear you could only hear the crunching of the cereal and slurping sound from the milk. This silence wasn’t awkward or weird it felt comfortable being in each other’s presences. Well that’s what I think anyways.

Silver’s POV

Jc and Lia were awake as well and joined us. After we all finished eating our cereal. We decided to go up to the roof and watch the sunrise. I sat next to Kian while Lia sat on my left said and Jc sat next to her. Jc had his arm around Lia’s shoulder as they briefly talked. With the corner of my eye Kian watched me as I was watching Jc and Lia. Should I tell Kian how I feel about him? Well duh, I should he told me how he felt about me.

“Kian I like you.” I whispered into his ear, as I leaned forward so he could hear me. Kian turned to face me and we just started at each other.

“Awe, you guys are having a staring eye contest!” Lia shouted as I broke away from Kian’s stare.

“Yeah, and you just made me lose.” I said, with a puppy face.

“I bet you that I can beat you.” Lia said.

“We’ll see about that.” I said. Lia and I both stared into each other’s eyes. After a couple seconds later I noticed how she started to squint her eyes. I had won the little staring competition and we started to watch the sunrise. I felt Kian’s arm around my shoulder. At the touch of his hand on my shoulder my stomach flopped.