Epilogue

Peter bounced on the balls of his feat, wringing his hands nervously. He ran shaking hands over his dark suit, smoothing invisible wrinkles.

"Did you-"

"Yeah, I just checked. All the food's ready," Ned sighed.

"And the-"

"Yeah, I checked the seating, too." Ned rolled his eyes. His best friend was one of the most nervous people when it came to things like this.

"I just want everything to be perfect," the brunet said, running a hand through his messy curls.

"Hey, I just got those to stay!" Pepper popped into the room right as Peter ran his hands through his hair a second time.

"Sorry, Mom." Peter's lopsided smile was framed by a curl falling on his forehead.

"You all set in here?" The red head adjusted her dress slightly, excitement radiating off her body.

"I think so," Peter breathed, checking his tie in the mirror. "Wait, is everyone here?"

"Yup," Ned smiled.

"And everything is ready for the reception afterwards?"

"Yup," Ned said again, nodding once.

"Is MJ ready?"

Pepper chuckled and playfully rolled her eyes at her son. "MJ is with Shuri, Morgan, and Wanda right now. I think she's fine."

"Okay," Peter breathed, trying to steady his racing heartbeat. He wasn't nervous so much as he was excited. Everything was going to be perfect. He'd make sure of it.

"Where's Wade?" Pepper's question startled everyone in the room, who suddenly became aware that the famous merc with a mouth was missing from the room's ensemble.

"I'll go find him," Ned grumbled, pushing his way past Pepper and heading down the hall.

"You feeling ready?" Pepper asked her son.

"Yeah, I am," Peter smiled. "I can't wait to see her, ya know?" The lopsided smile returned, and Pepper couldn't help but remember that same smile from when he was a kid.

"I'm so proud of you, Peter," Pepper murmured, pulling her son in for a hug. "You've been through the most amazing things for someone your age, and you just keep doing it. Your father and I couldn't be happier."

"I think Dad would be happier if I let him down in the labs more," Peter laughed.

"But I wouldn't," Pepper sighed. "Besides, he knows you and Ned are doing incredible work. MJ keeps the place running smoothly, and Wade is surprisingly good with PR. Who knew people liked him so much?" The two laughed heartily, only pausing for breath when they couldn't stand to laugh anymore.

"Found him!" Ned burst through the door, Wade hot on his heels with a tortilla chip covered in bean dip in his hands.

"Sorry, I got hungry," the blond shrugged.

"That's my cue," Pepper said, stooping to give her son a kiss on the forehead. "See you out there."

Peter nodded and stood up, straightening his red bow tie. "Let's do this."

The three boys made their way out of the room and out to the main ballroom. It was in the Tower, but it had been completely redone for the occasion. Flowers hung from every possible place, white banners hung around the room giving the impression of a Greek temple, and the chairs were painted a stark red in contrast.

The three boys took their spot by the alter, Peter in the middle, and Ned and Wade to his side.

There was music, and the doors at the back of the hall opened. Morgan came first, with Alyona and Nadia, the youngest of the Barton-Romanoff family, coming in next. Each of them scattered red rose petals, then took their seats with their parents in the crowd. Then came Wanda and Shuri, both in red.