Coffee and Cigarettes

"I'm going to take a shower," I told him as I stood up and proceeded to search for something to cover myself up. I grabbed the nearest thing. His white t-shirt. Fuck. It smells just like him. I thought to myself as I wore it.

"You look good in my shirt, you know." He commented as I walk away from him to the bathroom. I can feel him stare at me and I know he's probably smirking at me.

I removed his shirt off and let it drop to the floor. Got in the shower and turned on the knob. I let the cold water hit my face and then my body.

Flashback on what just had happened came rushing through. We had sex. Again. And this time, we were both sober. Goosebumps began to raise from my skin. No, it wasn't because of the cold water. It was because I can remember how it felt when he touched my skin. How it felt like it was on fire. How I was on fire.

Five minutes turned into ten. I should probably get out of the shower. He probably had gone out already. I mean, that was what happened the last time. The moment it ended, he was gone.

I dried myself up, wrapped my hair into my towel and put on my robe. I was about to turn the knob to open the door when I decided to press my ears against it first to listen if he was indeed gone. Silence. Yup. He probably had left already.

I opened the door and to my surprise, he was there out on my balcony, smoking. I walked towards the balcony, eyes never leaving him. I watched as he exhaled another cloud of smoke.

I slid the balcony door open and he looked at me as I walked out to the balcony where he was.

"Hey." He greeted me with a small smile on his lips.

"You're still here." I pointed out.

"Why? Do you want me to leave?" He asked me with a smirk as he puffed out another cloud of smoke.

"I just assumed that you'd be gone after like last time," I answered as I crossed my arms and leaned on the railings.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I ran out of cigarettes. Had to get out to buy some."

"Right. Cigarettes prolongs the feeling right?" I stated.

"Yeah." He agreed with a light chuckle. "Want one?" He asked me as he reached out his hand with a stick between his fingers.

"I don't smoke," I told him as I stared at the cigarette he was offering me.

"Alright." He said as he retracted his hand. "You're okay with this though, right?" He asked me as he gestured towards the cigarette between his hand.

"Does it matter?" I asked him. It's not like I have any say on what he does. We were not together after all. This was just another relapse of judgement. Yes, we were both sober. But this cannot happen again.

"How about you? What do you do after?" He asked me with a playful smile on his lips.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.

"After sex. What do you do after?"

"Oh, that. Take a bath, then make a cup of coffee." I answered honestly and he chuckled which made me narrow my eyes at him.

"You do know that drinking coffee after sex is more dangerous than smoking, right." He told me with his eyebrows raised.

"I know. It dehydrates me more, right?" I answered him.

"You know and you still do it." He looked at me curiously.

"Yes. Just like how you know how smoking is bad for you, yet you still do it. Its because you like it. Don't you?" I retaliated. "Speaking of which. I'm going to make some coffee. Want some?" I said as I turned to go back inside.

"No thanks, I'm good." I heard him say.

--

"You know you can just walk to the bathroom naked right? It's not like it's our first time. I've seen it all before." He told me with a chuckle as I frantically for his shirt.

"Just give me the damn shirt," I told him  as I cross my arms and narrowed my eyes at him

"Here." He said as he handed me his shirt from under his pillow.

"Were you trying to hide this from me?"  I asked him, slightly annoyed.

"Yes." He answered with a smirk.

"Ugh." I sounded as I rolled my eyes at him. I put on his shirt and proceeded to my usual routine. Go to the bathroom, take his shirt off, get on the shower, turn on the shower, take a shower.

"Fuck," I told myself. This is the seventh time. Why the hell do I keep on letting this happen? At first, it was a casual thing. We'd meet up, we'd talk, then the rest was a blur. Sometimes there was drinking involved, most of the times we were sober. I sighed. Shit. If this continues, I might fall for him.

I turned the shower off, got out, and dried my self. I looked at the mirror. "You can't keep doing this," I told myself.

I wrapped my hair up with a towel and put on my robe. I turned the knob of the bathroom door and as soon as I opened the door, it hit me. Freshly brewed coffee. I looked at the table and found a cup of coffee with a note.

"Don't forget to drink the water first." It says. And sure enough, there was a glass of water beside the cup of coffee.

I smiled. This was the kind of things that he does that makes me fall for him a little more.

I looked at the balcony and saw him. Of course, he was smoking, facing out the city.

I grabbed the cup coffee and walked towards the balcony. I opened the door and watched him as he put out the cigarette he was smoking.

"Thank you for the coffee," I told him with a small smile.

"No big deal." He said with a shrug. It was a big deal tho. It was for me.

"Why'd you put it out?" I asked him as I gestured towards the cigarette on the ashtray. Yes. I now have an ashtray. I got tired of him putting his cigarettes out on my plants.

"Because you don't like it." He told me nonchalantly.

"Then why do you still do it?" I asked him as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Because I like it." He answered with another shrug and stared at me.

"What?" I asked him. I had to. It felt like he was staring right into my soul.

"You're never going to ask me to stop smoking, are you?" He asked me with furrowed brows.

"Why would I? What you do after is none of my business. Just like how you don't mind me showering right after.  Besides, you said, you like it, so who am I to tell you what to do?" I answered him. It was none of my business if he stopped or not. We were not together after all. We were just a casual thing.

He chuckled again. "You're different." He said with a smile.

"Yeah. That's why you like me." I told him with a shrug, hoping that it will render him speechless. But boy I was wrong.

"Yeah. That's why I'll never stop doing you."