Chapter 1: Phone call

Rick walked back and forth through the shop. Several orders had to be delivered. Rick was shy but very kind. He was my co-worker and one of my best friends. He always worked hard and he would always crack a joke when someone was feeling down.

"Are all the orders ready to be delivered?" Rick asked while looking on his watch.

"Almost, I'm finishing the last bouquet," I said while wrapping the paper around the bouquet. I tied it with creme colored ribbon to keep the paper in place. I gave a final look to see if the stems were cut evenly. We placed all bouquets in special boxes so they were ready to be transported. Rick placed all the boxes in his van. He grabbed his jacket and after a final check he drove off.

Ossie, Rick's father, had received a phone call concerning a special order. A couple was going to be married soon. The order was on the name of Curt Smith. He wanted 'the 1000 most beautiful roses for the most beautiful women in the world'. It could be a hassle to deliver and arrange all the roses because we were only a small business. Nonetheless, it was a great opportunity to get greater brand awareness.

I saw Rick's van in front of the shop and soon after he stepped into the store.

"I forgot to mention earlier, there's a customer whose address I have forgotten. I couldn't find it anywhere. It's an order from mr. Green," Rick looked on a small note.

"Could you make a phone call for me to ask for the address?" Rick asked and put the note in his jacket.

"Sure. By the way, it's going to be very busy soon. There is an order from a man called Curt Smith who wants 'the most beautiful roses of the world for the most beautiful women in the world' for his wedding. He wants 1000 roses," I said.

"1000 roses!? Lord, that will be a lot of work. Are we able to manage that? But you know, we'll earn a lot of money. Hopefully I can save enough money to buy a new drum kit," Rick said.

The bell rang indicating someone had entered in the shop.

"Don't forget to call mr. Green please," Rick smiled and walked towards the office in the back of the shop.

I helped the customer. The customer wanted a bouquet of peach colored peonies. They had become quite popular lately. The customer left after she kindly thanked me and soon after Rick came back from the office. He munched on some raisins.

"I'll call mr. Green right now before I forget it," I said and browsed through the log. I took the phone horn and rotated the numbers.

"Hello this is Roland," a male voice said.

"Goodmorning, this is Marilyn from Astley Flower Shop. May I speak to mr. Green?"

"Mr. Green? There's no one with the name Green at my residence,"

"Oh...I apologize, I must have rotated the wrong number," I embarrassedly said. I felt my cheeks turning red.

"It's alright, mistakes happen. What was the shop name again?"

"Astley Flower Shop."

"I see. Where is your shop located?"

"It's located at 20 Neville Street in London."

"Alright...Thank you very much. Have a nice day."

"Have a nice day," I waited for the guy to hang up the phone and heard the line disconnecting. I kept the horn against my ear not really knowing why exactly. I stared at the log. I recalled the voice. It had something different, something odd. At the same time it was so calm.

"Earth to Marilyn," Rick waved a hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry, I uhm was just thinking," I replied.

"Yeah right," He grinned.

"Stop laughing or else I'll make you do the call," I placed the phone horn back on the cradle.

Rick shut his mouth and stuffed it with another handful of raisins. 

I redialed the number and this time I did get mr. Green on the phone. Rick could complete the order and hopped into his van with 2 bouquets.

Roland was his name. I had never heard of a guy named Roland. I only knew the name from the synthesizer brand Roland.

* * *

Author's note: First chapter is up! I hope you like it. I wanted to publish it on Curt's birthday so here it is :)

 I wanted to publish it on Curt's birthday so here it is :)

Happy birthday to our smol Curt :D . I live for this haircut.

Here's a picture of a smol Rick meeting princess Diana