Chapter 1

Dimitri's pov

Rose & I were guarding Lissa & Christian since they were going to have dinner. The two were happily chatting in their private stand. Both because they needed privacy and since Lissa is queen. Me and Rose were standing outside the slot guarding.

We were outside Court at this time because Lissa was still annoyed by being a guardian. So, she took a small vacation of having dinner with Christian.

Christian's aunt. She was in jail for killing the queen. Unlike Rose they sent her to jail not sentence her. And of course lucky for them I'm making sure Rose doesn't run off to free her as well.

Rose was standing next to me beautiful as ever. I was watching everything as well as her. I could see even she was doing that. I could always catch her.

"Are you even watching every where else other than me." I teased her

"Hey comrade. Don't you remember in the past I'm the one who catches suspicious stuff. You still don't have faith in me?" she said back almost accusing.

"Nope. You haven't ever caught anyone. You still have a weak sense of sightings. You can't sense stragoi you know."

"Yeah." She sighs "I can't help but, think that it might be hard on her. Spirit insanity...it drives you crazy" I could tell from her voice she was remembering what happened to her when the darkness had overtaken her.

Before I could say sorry which I think she knew was coming she said, "Well its a good thing she will start her meds then, right?"

She wasn't happy with that either but, it was supposed to be done now that she is Queen Vasilisa and not just Lissa. I sent a silent message saying "Lissa is okay with it so, don't worry". She nodded back and we continued in silence. There wasn't anything to be said. Now that I had Rose with me.

Rose's pov

Okay, I know it was stupid but, I just hated it that Lissa had to go on without me. I know how much Lissa loved using it. I guess Dimitri was right. Lissa is a queen now. She has to give up everything to become queen.

After our convo with Dimitri I started remembering all the fights we had been in. Sometimes we would easily do it. Othertimes we would have injuries. And of course othertimes we would have a hell lot of injuries. Sometimes Christian would help other times we'd make sure he was completely out of the way. Me and Dimitri were finally together.

He is so, hot every single time we meet. His warmth and his brown eyes just makes me want to jump right in to them. True his body and his scent made me always look at him. And of course he would notice. But, I always had the feeling he was too staring too.

Lissa and Christian finished dinner and we decided to go back to court. This time I did get to drive. Now that I'm not shadow-kissed and all. Dimitri and I would be in the front and them both back. We reached court and had to part. Christian on his own and Lissa for her duties. They gave each other a quick goodbye kiss and to my surprise Dimitri caught hold of my waist and gave me a kiss as well. I heard a snicker from Lissa & Christian. I took one look at them and kissed Dimitri harder and then heard a "uhm" from them.

Both Dimitri and I laughed before parting ways. I couldn't help but, turn around and take a look at him one more time and he turned as well giving a silent message of "I love you" which I returned back.

We still had a hard time trying to take care of them instead of each other. Both of us always having the fear of losing each other even though we both had killed loads of strogoi.

With that feeling carved in my heart I went with Lissa. And off to go to sleep.