prove it

myles pov
i pressed the play button on the remote control making the movie begin. i put my arm around briar then she lay her head on my shoulder. what? best friends cuddle. yet another romantic movie. great. i don't know why she likes them so much, they're not great. or even realistic.
briar sat forward and stretched as the credits began to roll. "that was amazing! i knew they would end up together," she said happily with a smile on her face. "amazing?" i laughed slightly, "that was so pointless." "excuse you!" she gasped with a genuinely shocked facial expression. then her rant commenced, "they went through so much together m. they got torn apart from each other but they eventually found their way back. how cute! they were made for each other, they're in love. everything is so perfect about their relationship. that kiss was perfect, the wedding was perfect, their daughter is perfect. the whole movie was perfect." i couldn't help but to laugh, "bri, love in relationships isn't real. love is a thing between family members. i don't believe in true love and i never will. and i won't fall in love either. ever. like what's the big deal anyway?" "of course you'll fall in love. you'll find an amazing girl and fall in love and get married and have perfect babies with her, just like in the movie!" she said, placing her head back on my shoulder. "if love is real, prove it. make me fall in love with you. you have one week." she nodded in agreement, "challenge accepted."

briar pov
day one. i have one week to make myles fall in love with me. this won't be easy but i'm not giving up. i sat it my room, looking over the very detailed schedule i had made to help myself stay organised. day three- kiss him. maybe i should start with that? some people can develop feelings after only one kiss. or is that too fast? i'm overthinking this. i should just, go with the flow. i scrunched the paper up into a ball and threw it out before leaving my room.
i knocked on the door of myles' house then smiled as his little brother opened the door, "hi king, is myles home?" "basement," he nodded as he hugged my leg. i laughed, hugging him back as much as i could. after my very short conversation with kingsley, i walked downstairs and into myles' music room. he was sitting at his desk, working on one of his new songs. i grabbed the top of his wheeled chair and pulled it back then sat on his lap, straddling him. "hi there," i said with a slight smirk as i removed the headphones he was wearing. "hey b," he said in a casual tone which was the complete opposite of the look he had on his face. i placed my hand on his cheek, setting the other on his shoulder. "what are you doing?" he asked slowly while he put his hands on my waist. "this," my smirk widened as i kissed him passionately. he definitely wasn't expecting that. he froze up slightly for a few seconds then eventually kissed me back. i wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss then pulling away as he got more into it. "why did you stop?" he asked, disappointed yet still surprised. "i have to leave you wanting more, right?" i laughed slightly, getting up and making my way back upstairs.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

no, this is not finished. yes, there will be a part two tomorrow! i'm proud of this idea lmao bye