Sakata Gintoki

(chap 1 contd and added two paragraphs in the previous upload)

I was 3 years old when my father Yoshida Shouyo had the idea of starting a school, Obouro who was like a big brother to me asked father to do so and I never saw him again. Even though the father was reluctant, he was keen on doing so. And so we started our journey. It was just me and my father, my mother passed away when I was a year old baby. I had little to no memory of her and my father tried his best at being both for me. Shoka Sonjuku was established with just a sensei that is my father in a small abandoned dojo in a village.

"With a head full of silver hair like the moon and the eyes of a survivor" those are the words my father describes him with. A 6-year-old kid over a mountain pile of dead bodies in a battlefield with a bloody katana in one hand and an onigiri in the other was where Shoka's first student was recruited Sakata Gintoki... 

At the age of 6, he is the greatest fighter compared to adult warriors and even greater pain in the butt...

It had been two days since dad told he will come back soon and I had been waiting at the front door and the very next day as he was approaching I am over the moon. I started running towards my father and then I saw a fluff of silver, which made me stoned in my tracks.My dad gave me the sunniest smile and lifted me in his arms and I am readily wrapping my hands around his neck. Slowly my dad bent down and picked something more like someone.

"Shiori?" that ball said

"Yes, who are you?" "dad, who is he?"

"I am your brother now, deal with it...."

"....."

I was speechless and then there was my father who laughed to his heart's content and seeing that had put a smile on my face, it had been a while since he did that and then I looked at that silver fluff, he has that smile of mine and we walked into our home. That was the only time there was a thing called peace at home. Who knew dad found a personal beast who uses the lame excuse that he is my brother to torture me to hell. P.S.If he was telling this it will be completely different though. There was not a single moment we were not fighting. But if even mere thought of hurting me crosses one's mind he will strike anyone into pieces.

Then he goes and yells that he is protecting me from this world because I am a whining frail little daddy's girl who is afraid of everything and unable to do so.

"But I am a 4-year-old kid"

"Invalid"

"Zura and Tatsuma told they will be protecting me and I know you will"

"Leave Zura and let Tatsu brat protect himself first" "if they even do so what are you?"

That was the day I picked the sword and my first day of katana lessons. My father is a tad-bit overprotective is an understatement. So, naturally, Gin is my teacher. We used to practice every other chance we got to practice. Thanks to those little self-defense lessons I am able to put off my sex driven Tatsuma now. (P.S. to myself: HEHE I'm joking)

Gintoki is my strength, my stronghold.

We were like raging bulls with a grudge all the time but never left each other's side. I know everything about him and vice-versa and blackmailing was our forte. He knew about my crushes and said that "Broken hearts make scary people". I never understood that.