1

It was the 30th of July 1989.

Two men were sat on a couch together. One had long, wavy black hair tied back elegantly, high cheekbones and stormy eyes. He went by the name Sirius Orion Black. The other had short, sandy hair, a scarred face and amber eyes that shone with secrets. This man went by the name Remus John Lupin.

Remus sat up. "Pads. It's Prongslet's ninth birthday tomorrow and Dumbledore won't even let us see him now you're back from Azkaban. I have a... gut feeling that something isn't right about his situation right now. Can we floo call Arabella Figg, please? I know that she lives near him and looks after him sometimes as well. Please, Siri, please?" He asked Sirius.

Sirius laughed. "Moony, you're so sure you wanna go against Dumbledore? I mean I'm all for it but you? You wouldn't if it wasn't our cub."

Remus rolled his eyes but took it as a yes and all but ran towards the fireplace. He grabbed a handful of something that looked like ash and threw it into the fire. The fire turned emerald green in an instant. "Arabella Figg, Order safe house!" He shouted to the flame before walking into them, pulling Sirius with him as if he were nothing.

Even weirder, they were sucked into the flames and ended up in a musty living room where an old lady and a small boy sat.

The lady smiled knowingly while the child looked on through large, round glasses confused. He had jet black, messy hair, large emerald eyes and was really small and skinny.

"Er, Mrs Figg?" The boy asked shyly. "W-who is these people and why did they appear from the fireplace?"

"Harry, these men are Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. They travelled here through something called the floo network. It connects fireplaces to allow people to travel." Mrs Figg said kindly to the boy.

"H-Harry? Is that you?" Sirius asked. "Remy, I thought you said he was nine tomorrow. He looks about 5." He added to Remus in what he thought was a whisper.

Harry apparently heard that. "Hey! I am 9 tomorrow. I can't help being small." He pouted before looking terrified. "Sorry! Don't hurt me please."

Sirius and Remus looked outraged by this. Harry cowered away in fear at their reactions. Remus' face softened at this.

"We won't hurt you, Harry. We're your godfathers. We were best friends with your dad, never in a million years would we betray James and Lily by hurting their son." He told Harry.

"My parents wouldn't care. They tried to kill their selves and me in a car crash. All because they didn't want a freak like me." The young Potter stated as though it was a well-known fact.

Sirius spoke up this time not even acknowledging the fact that Harry thought his parents never wanted him. "Never. call. Yourself. A. Freak. Again. Am I clear, young man?"

"Y-yes, sir," Harry said, looking down to his worn out shoes. "Mrs Figg. Thank you for having me. And thanks for my glasses." Prongslet got up off the small couch and headed for the door.

Padfoot and Moony stood shoulder to in front of it. Remus spoke. "Harry, who do you live with?"

"My aunt, uncle and cousin." Was the hesitant reply.

"Would you care for us to join you on your way there?" Sirius asked, smiling down at the small boy. "Just do you know, I'm not taking no for an answer."