Pilot

Running, that was all that was heard as they felt the soft dirt beneath their feet as they pounded against the ground, trying to make it to the top of the cliff in time. Two pairs of feet quickly claimed up the cliff where they spotted a fisherman's boat not too far off in the sea. Sharing a brief look, the two nodded swiftly before one took off down to the shore while the other stayed upon the cliff, striking an arrow like a match before firing it, igniting the pile of wood that was waiting in a neat pile at the shore attracting the attention of the boat. The small figure waited patiently in the tree line as the boat slowly began to make its way to the shore. Soon, the archer joined the small figure, both of them sharing a relieved look, almost not able to believe that the boat was really coming to save them. Finally, after so long, someone had come close enough to the uninhabited island to see their signal.

After 5 years, they'd be off this island, but suddenly they were both struck with the same thought. Could they really go back to the real world? Would things ever really be the same?

When the boat finally hit the shore, the fishermen quickly scrambled off the boat, looking around frantically while speaking to each other in Mandarin. The pair quietly showed themselves to the fishermen, their bare feet and worn down clothes reflected how they felt, torn up and scarred, wanting desperately to return to the place they once had called home. The man pulled his hood down first before he falls to his knees, revealing his long beard and over grown, sun-bleached hair and his blue eyes. The second figure, a woman, lowers her hood as well, showing her long, wavy blonde hair, her blue-green eyes pleading as she was kneeling next to the man.

Oliver Queen and Amelia Kingston were finally going home.

"The name of the island they found us on was called Lian Yu. It's mandarin for "purgatory". We've been stranded here for 5 years. We've dreamt of our rescue every cold, black night since then. For 5 years, we've only had one goal...survive. Survive and one day return home. The island held many dangers. To live, we had to make ourselves more than what we were, to forge ourselves into weapons. We are returning not the boy and girl who were shipwrecked but the man and woman who will bring justice to those who have poisoned our city. Our names are Oliver Queen and Amelia Kingston."

-——————————————————————————

"Oliver Queen and Amelia Kingston are alive. The Starling City residents were found by fishermen in the North China sea 5 days ago, 5 years after the two were missing and presumed dead following the accident at sea which claimed "The Queen's Gambit." Queen was a regular tabloid presence and a fixture at the Starling City club scene. Shortly before his disappearance, he was acquitted of assault charges stemming from a highly publicized drunken altercation with paparazzi. Queen is the son of Starling City billionaire Robert Queen, who was also on board but now officially confirmed as deceased. Kingston, who wasn't as much of regular in the tabloid's as Queen, is the daughter of the Starling City billionaire Maddox Kingston. The two had announced their engagement before they had gone on The Queen's Gambit, which surprised most people as Oliver's reputation was never a secret—" 

Amelia switched off the television that was playing the local news which had their rescue story on repeat since the media found out, unable to take the drone of the anchorman's voice any longer. Instead, she was met with the deafening silence as she waited in the adjoining room to Oliver's at the hospital for one of the doctors to come back and tell her she was cleared to go home. What is home anymore? Running a hand through her now clean and freshly trimmed hair, she looked to the door for the thousandth time, willing it to open. The room was starting to feel like a cage compared to the open island she'd become accustomed to over the years. Sitting here, waiting, was about to drive Amelia to insanity, especially since the doctors had thought it'd be best to examine her and Oliver separately. She couldn't imagine the last time she'd be away from Oliver this long without knowing what was happening to him.