Chapter twenty seven: 'I love you'

"Julie?" I called out as I entered her house. "Julie!" I yelled as I walked through the living room but didn't see her anywhere. She wasn't in the kitchen or living room.

Maybe she was upstairs.

I ran upstairs and checked every room. I came into one and knew instantly that it was her room. I could just tell by everything that was in here and it was designed that seemed to fit her personality.

Funny how I never been in here.

Then again, there wasn't any purpose of me being in here.

I heard a door open and Julie came walking out with a towel wrapped around her body. She instantly stopped when she saw me.

"Skylar? What are you doing here?" She held onto her towel. Her hair dripping water, leaving a small puddle beneath her feet.

My mind went blank. Seeing her stand there in nothing but a towel wrapped around her body made my mind completely disconnect.

"I wanted to come see you."

She watches me for a moment, tightly holding onto the towel. "Ok. Care to explain why you left my class but never came back?"

"My dad wanted me home." I watch as she walks over to her dresser.

She looks back at me. "For what?"

I look at her for a moment. "The police was at my house." She watches me for a moment. "Somehow Ana got evidence of us being together."

I could see the fear in her eyes as she stood there, not saying anything. I couldn't tell what was going through her head, but I couldn't help but slightly laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asks.

I smile then walk closer to her. "The police officer that talked to me was Ruth's husband. He let us off the hook. He said that Ruth told him everything and he was trying to be a good friend and husband."

She closed her eyes and sighed. "Thank God."

I chuckle. "It's not illegal."

"But it's not advisable. I could potentially lose my job, Skylar."

I nod, understanding. "I got it." I wrap my arms around her neck. "We'll keep it on the low."

I couldn't bare the thought of losing her. She became so important to me over the month we've been together.

Losing her would be like losing myself.

I gently kiss her neck, leaving light kisses under her jawline, below her ear and under her chin. I felt her grab ahold of the sides of my shirt. "Skylar," She whispers.

I lean away to look at her. She was looking at me and I could see something her eyes as they were practically screaming.

I look down at the towel and I felt my heart thump as I slowly grab the part that was tucked in. I lock eyes with her as she was watching me.

She wasn't stopping me.

I untucked the part of the towel then slowly pulled it open. All I was hearing was my heart thumping hard in my chest. Everything around me was fading away and it was just Julie and I.

Once the towel had fallen on the floor, I was mesmerized by the woman in front of me. My eyes traveled down her body then back up to meet her eyes.

There was a slight curve of her lips. She wraps her arms around my neck and gently kisses me. I grab her hips with her making me walk backwards until my legs hit the bed.