the new girl

imani sighs as she sits on her bed after a long afternoon of unpacking, her and her mom just moved to seoul as a new position opened up in the seoul office of her mom's company. Imani was worried about how she would adjust to living here, she pushes these thoughts aside and goes back to setting up her room.

imani's pov
my mom soon pokes her head into my room ''what do you think?'' she asked walking in and sitting on my  bed.

i turned to her from where i was in front of the closet  "i don't have any exact thoughts, i haven't been here that long.'' i say swinging the closet door open and rummaging through it.

''understandable.'' she said nodding, she must have noticed the look on my face

''oh don't worry, i know you'll make new friends in no time and i'm sure you'll get comfortable soon .'' she said walking up to me and hugging me, i nod taking a deep breath and choose to think positively.
''okay , now get to bed. '' she kissed my forehead and headed in the direction of my room's door

''i'll head to bed soon. love you, goodnight.'' i shove some clothes into my closet before closing it and getting into bed. ''love you more, goodnight.'' she replied, turning off the lights and she walked out of my room

i open up my laptop and watch movies until i fall asleep.

ze morning after * spongebob narrator voice *

i wake up and start getting ready for the day. i keep my outfit simple and comfy as i put on an oversized grey sweater and some baggy jeans. i did my makeup and put my hair in a puff on top of my head. i make sure i have everything i need in the small backpack i was taking with me then put in some hoops and throw on my shoes. i head downstairs and was about to head out the door when

''aren't you forgetting something.'' my mom said from where she was leaning against the kitchen counter, i turned around and gave her a kiss on the cheek. ''thank you but not that.'' she laughs a little as she hands me the keys to the car and some money.

''thanks maami. '' i thank her then proceed to leave the house. i jump in my car and drive around for a while before i find a restaurant that looked promising, i put the car in park then walk in. i find that the prices were good as well so i ordered some kimchi jiggae, rice and some meat.

while i was waiting at the counter or my food, someone tapped my elbow. i turned around and saw this cute boy looking like he was trying to figure out what to say to me. he looked oddly familiar, i just couldn't quite remember where i knew him from, maybe i'm just overthinking it.

''excuse me, can you pass me the spoons behind you?'' he asks me, interrupting my train of thought as he points to the cup of spoons behind me. ''how many?'' i asked and he looked a little confused so i asked him again in korean and he told me three, i gave him three and he walked off after thanking me with a boxy smile.

after getting my food, i was walking around the restaurant trying to get a table to eat at then all of a sudden someone whisper-yells out ''NOONA!'' i look around trying to find the person who yelled and i see the boy who i gave the spoons looking at me and waving me over to where he is with his friends, i walk over to the table , he shuffles a little and lets me into the now empty space beside him.

'' everyone!'' he exclaimed, ''this is .........what's your name?'' he asks me, it's obvious that he doesn't  know my name and i don't remember us introducing ourselves either. ''imani.'' i reply with a small smile. ''everyone this imani, imani this is everyone.'' he announced to the group.

''are you guys okay with me being here? i can go eat somewhere else, i don't want to intrude.'' i ask them in korean, hoping not to make them uncomfortable. the one with silver hair and dimples spoke, he looked really familiar as well but for some reason i couldn't put a finger on where i have seen him before.