🔪Adoptive Mother x Young Tahomaru🔪

Warning: Adoption.... not really a warning but can be a touchy subject for some so just putting this warning just in case even though it's in the title-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

To this day I am unsure of who Tahomaru's real mother is. I found Tahomaru in a basket wrapped in a soft blanket floating down the river in a beaten up old raft. There was a note which gave his name, his mother begging whoever found him to take care of him for her and that his father was very dark and would turn the boy into nothing but a heartless monster. He had lighter raven hair with eyes that matched in color, he had lighter skin and grew up to have a bit of a baby face yet he had such sharp eyes.

"Mama look!" I was snapped out of my thoughts to Tahomaru laughing holding his bow and what looked to be two dead ducks.

"I got ducks! Can we cook them for dinner tonight?" He asked running to my side. I smiled sweetly petting his head softly.

"Of course we can, great job.~" He giggled softly with a beautiful smile. He ran inside to the kitchen reaching up and setting them by the fireplace where I usually prepare meals. I walked over kneeling down to start the fire seeing it was getting around dinner time anyway. As I let the fire grow me and Tahomaru plucked the ducks and cleaned them off, when we came back we had them on sticks ready to cook them. As we waited for them to cook I looked over at Tahomaru as he watched the fire with a smile on his face. I felt guilty that he believes I'm his real mother, but how do you tell someone you raised that you aren't their mother? I was afraid he'd get mad and leave, to be frank with you I lived far from any village on my own, I don't think I could handle being alone again. It sounds selfish, I know, but I guess after I had secluded myself from others after I had seen my group being killed I wasn't used to being around other until I found Tahomaru. Tahomaru hasn't seen other people because of this, that thought sickens me because I know when he does he will grow so curious about it he won't come back. It's shameful really, I'm clinging onto a child because of my own mistakes.

"Mama?" I flinched.

"Hmm?" I hummed trying to hide my worry.

"I've noticed something recently." I tilted my head.

"What is it, hun?" He looked over with a frown.

"You always seem sad. I've tried to cheer you up but it never works." He muttered. I frowned not knowing what to say.

"What's making you so sad?" He asked moving to sit in my lap leaning his head on my chest looking up at me.

"It's... hard to explain." I muttered softly.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He says hugging me gently. I teared up facing away from him.

"Mama?" I closed my eyes, I knew there was no hiding it no more. Knowing him he'd search the house for clues on why I'm upset, he'll find it.

"After we eat there's something I need to show you." I said looking back down at him.

"Hmm, ok!~" He smiled sweetly at me. I wish I could hide the fact, but I knew it was for the better. We ate, he brought up things he saw when adventuring in the forest making me smile seeing his eyes sparkle with wonder and joy. After we ate I cleaned up like usual in hopes he had forgotten.

"Mama, you said you needed to show me something." But of course, he didn't, he's to smart for his own good.

"Ah, that's right. Sorry, nearly forgot." I said trying to fake a smile, he saw it right away making him frown. I walked him to a cabinet we had that I kept my things in, he's never gotten into it out of respect for my privacy thankfully. I dug in it before taking out a piece of paper, I double checked to make sure it was the one I was looking for before handing it to him with heavy sorrow tearing at my chest making me tear up already. I saw him give a confused look before reading it over, his eyes carefully scanning the paper. With each word his face dropped to one of confusion and sorrow, I closed the cabinet waiting for him to yell at me. 

"Please fulfill a desperate mother's wish? Then... This is from a mother. It has my name on it." He muttered looking up at me.

"Did you write this?" I shook my head.

"If you didn't write this, then who did?" I hesitated.

"Your mother." He gave me a confused look.

"But you're my mama."

"I raised you, but I am not the one who made you." I clarified with a trembling voice. he stayed silent for a moment.

"I was given up?" He whispered. I looked to see him in tears as he looked at the note. I parted my lips but no words came out unsure of what to say. He suddenly got up storming off, he was walking to the fire. I quickly jumped up grabbing him afraid of what he was going to do.

"Let me go!"

"Tahomaru please.-"

"No! I don't want this stupid thing!" He tried to crumple the paper so I took it from him.

"Let me burn it!" He snapped, eyes filled with pain as he glared at it.

"Tahomaru, it's the only way to find your m.-"

"I don't want to ever see her!" He yelled making my eyes widen.

"She gave me up, she didn't love me. So why do I want to see her?!" I looked down as tears fell dripping to the floor.

"Tahomaru, I don't think she wanted to give you up. 'Please fulfill a desperate mother's wish.' She was trying to protect you from something."

"Yeah right. I bet she's like the rest, the ones you keep me from!" I perked up looking up at him.

"Keep you from?"

"I know there's a reason I've never seen anyone else other than you. You're trying to keep me from people as heartless as her right?" I looked down covering my mouth to try and cover up a sob.

"M-Mama?" I heard him fall to his knees before he put his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry, I ruined your life." I sobbed out curling up not wanting him to see me like this.

"What? No, you haven't! You were here when no one else was!"

"Yet I cling onto you because of my own selfish fears!" I snapped making him fall silent.

"I saw my friends and family die, and after that, I strayed away from humans good or bad. After I found you on that raft floating down the river I had no clue what I was doing, but I soon grew desperate and even now I fear the day you don't need me no more." I broke down. It was silent, only my crying filled the room. Suddenly he held my shoulders making me sit up again before he held my face.

"Mama, I will always need you." His thumbs wiped away my tears.

"You don't have to be scared anymore, because you're not alone anymore." He then hugged me.

"I don't care if you made me or found me, you're my mama, and I'll always love you." I chocked back another sob before holding him close burying my face into his shoulder.

"And hey, maybe we can visit a village of good people? Try getting you used to being around others again, and if you really want me to, I guess I can try and find her and see why she gave me up." I gently rubbed his back.

"Small step hun, small step." I whispered.

"Yeah, but every step I'll be here for you. Ok?" I smiled.

"And I'll be here for you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! So uh, I was halfway through this when I checked Kissanime.ru for the next ep of Dororo and watched ep 24 because it was finally up. I won't spoil, but yo bitch fucking cried! I was on the fence about Tahomaru honestly, I felt bad knowing his dad made him the way he was but then a part of me hated him for hurting my baby Hyakkimaru but that ep really changed my look on him. I wish I could hug him poor babyyyyyy QoQ. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!~