Chapter 5

The next morning, I woke up later then I usually do. It was already almost lunch time and the sound of the crew bustling about, packing all the equipment, drifted into my tent. I rolled onto my back and stretched, a few of my joints popping and cracking. I slid off the bed and grabbed a clean set of clothes from my suitcase, leaving my gloves i used for manipulating the objects we find on top in case someone stumbled onto something while packing. I changed quickly and left the tent with my blue plastic cub in my hand to get water from the tank to brush my teeth with. I walked out and got my water, turning around and heading back to my tent. I pulled the flap open and gasped, dropping my glass.

"Wh... you came back?!" I shouted.

"Of course I did, you haven't found my mate yet." The man said.

"Your mate? I doubt anyone else but you is still alive after all this time. I never did get your name by the way." I answered.

"My name is Sethsanos, human. And believe me he is still alive somewhere out there. We just have to find him." He explained.

"Your name sounds too out of the ordinary for modern day. We will just call you Seth." I said.

He looked at me before whispering something under his breath and turning around.

"No matter, do as you wish human..." he started before I cut him off.

"Stop calling people human or mortal, it's weird and irespectful, just call me by my name."

"Ok Blake." He said, putting emphasis on my name.

"Good, now that we have that sorted, where is this mate of yours?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not sure of his exact location but he is not far, I can feel it."

"You... can feel it?"

"Yes, through my bond with him."

"Um, ok... what happened to him?"

"He was used as a hostage against me, and was buried like me somewhere here."

I could see him clenching his teeth and opening and closing his fists as he stood in front of me.

"You ok?" I questioned.

"Me, yes. Him... I don't know. I know he is still alive, but in what state... I don't know." He answered.

"What do you mean? What happened to him exactly?"

"They tortured him, before I could find him. They beat him and r..." He cut himself off, placing a slightly shaking hand in front of his mouth.

"Shit! I can't believe I let that happen to him. I should have known they where plotting this behind my back. I should have been faster to find him! It's all my fault!" He shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks.

I walked over to him and hesitated. I placed my hand on his shoulder gently and felt sparks under my hand. He gasped and whipped his head up to look at me.

"Its not your fault. I'm sure you did everything you could to save him." I whispered.

He frowned and looked away, shaking his head after a few seconds. He took a deep breath and wiped his tears.

"Anyway, let's start looking. Do whatever you did to find me." He said.

"You know, you where a lucky find. We just happened to stumble onto the room you where in..." I explained.

"You just stumbled upon me...?"

"Yes. We got a tip from a guy and just dug around randomly. Your the only thing we found anywhere around here."

"Well then, dig around some more, go further out. I'm telling you there is more out here, he is out here. Keep looking."

"We need a little more info then that... is he near the site where you where or is he farther north, south, east, ouest...? Is he in a room like yours? What exactly are we looking for?"

"I... I don't know... they said they would let him go once they had me locked up but I could still feel his pain and distress while I was in there. They didn't hold up their side of the bargain. I tried to fight, to escape, get out of there and save him but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. The statue formation they set up around the room and the liquid they put me in kept me completely trapped and unable to move or use my powers..."

Tears started gliding down his cheeks again and he looked completely lost and defeated. I reached out to him again and wiped away his tears, drawing sparks again, and tried to console him.

"You tried your hardest, there was nothing else you could have done and I'm sure he knows that."

"I just... it should have been me the one they tortured. I'm the one they hated..."

I pulled him towards me and hugged him, intensifying the sparks. He stood there, frozen and stiff for a moment before wrapping his arms around me and placing his head in the crook of my shoulder, sobbing.

After about thirty minutes, he pulled away from me and sniffed, wiping at his eyes.

"Sorry you had to see that. It was very undignified of me. A king shouldn't show such a week side to his disipals."

"Your not a king anymore, you don't have to pretend to be strong all the time. It's ok to cry sometimes."

"Right... ok well, where do we start in the search for my mate?"

"Oh, um, well... it's hard to say with so little information... I guess we can start by digging outwards from where we found you..."

"Ok! Well, let's get to it!"

"Oh shit! Wait! I told the crew to pack up! I have to go stop them! Oh but first here, put this on!" I said, handing him some boxers, my baggies pair of sweatpants and my biggest t-shirt.

I ran out of the tent and towards the closest dig site where I could see the workers currently picking up equipment.

"Stop! Don't touch anything more!" I shouted and they all froze.

Rachel walked up to me.

"What's going..." She trailed off as Seth joined me near the dig site.

"He came back?!" She yelled.

"Yeah, he did. I was just as surprised as you." I answered.

"What? Why? I mean... not that it's a bad thing but why would he come back to a place like this when he could do what ever he wants with the powers he has?"

"He said his mate was buried here as well and he wants us to help find him."

"What!? There's another one like him here? Holy shit! We have to find him!"

She turned around and started screaming at everyone to start putting all the equipment back together again and set everything back up again.

"Rachel, we will be starting with the dig site where we found Seth and working our way out from there." I informed her.

"Seth?... Oh! That's him? His name is Seth? It's a pleasure to meat you then Seth." She said, her eyes moving from me to him and extending her hand for him to shake.

He took her hand in his and brought it to his mouth, placing a kiss on her knuckles. Rachel blushed before clearing her throat and returning to yelling at the workers. I felt a little jealous of Rachel for getting a kiss from him but I quickly shook away the thoughts.

Here we go again for another undetermined amount of digging.

*******
Pic of Seth without tattoos.