- chapter two -

Reese's POV

- At Music Bank -

"YES! We made it in time!" Mari jumped and rushed to the entrance. I turned to Mr. Kim. " Will you be alright?" I asked. He nodded and starting walking away until he turned back to me again. "The people you saw in my wallet? You don't recognize them?" he asked me quite seriously.

"Hmm... they didn't ring a bell. Why? Are your sons famous?" I asked while thinking about them. "Well, you can say that. Anyways, thank you so much for helping me out!" He laughed and now really went on his way.

I ran to the entrance and saw my sister lining up. I rushed towards her. I kept thinking if I have just met a famous person? Or at least a relative? But I don't know any of them. The line started moving and next thing I know it, Mari and I was standing waiting for whatever we were waiting for. Mari was holding this stick with big yellowish-green letters that spell NCT and it was glowing. Oh so it's not NTC...

We watched a couple of performances and I will say they are talented. I'm pretty sure dancing can't be done overnight. I'm sure I can't even for a year. "Ree! They're here!" My sister squealed out of excitement. I looked up and saw who I'm guessing is NCT. They gave off such a powerful aura, wearing all silver and shine.

The performance started and it was already intense at the start. While they were dancing, I couldn't help but notice one member of the group. He was tall, he could sing and just overall familiar. "IM SO SUPER EY!" Mari sang and shouted. Although, she's really annoying sometimes, I love her to death and would do anything for her to stay this happy.

After NCT had done all their performances. Our time in Music Bank had ended. While we were exiting the place, I had to ask my sister a question. "So NCT huh?" I turned to look at her. She smiled at me, "Yeah, pretty good right? I told you."

"Yeah I'll say your 'oppas' are pretty talented. Also, who's that member that's like tall and sings?" I asked her as I was still thinking about where I saw him before. Mari was thinking until her eyes lit up, "Ooohh you have a bias now?" I shook my head and lifted my shoulders as I did not know what that was.

"His name's Doyoung. Kim Doyoung." She replied as she hurriedly went inside the car.

Kim? Wait a minute...

- flashback -

As he was giving me one of the bags to carry, his wallet fell out from it.

I went down and picked it up, inside his wallet was a picture of what I can tell is his two sons.

His name was engraved on the side. "Oh Mr. Kim? here's your wallet." I called him by his name.

- end of flashback -

Oh my goodness. I just met the father of a famous person. I must have looked so stupid in front of Mr. Kim. That's why he asked me if I knew his son.

His son is Kim Doyoung, member of the worldwide sensation NCT and the group my sister and all her friends love.

I mean I really didn't know anything about NCT to begin with. All I knew was that it was a group loved by my sister and that's the end of the line. "Ree! Aren't we going yet?" My sister interrupted my thoughts as she rolled down the window. I looked up and nodded. I ran to the driver's seat and hopped in my car.

What an odd day...

Doyoung's POV

"That was amazing boys!" My manager cheered as we entered our dressing room.

"Yah! Haechanie looked at the camera like he was shooting some commercial." Johnny laughed as he mimicked the way Haechan did.

I sat down trying to catch my breath. I think we did a better job this time than last week's performance. "Hyung! you have a guest." Mark sat beside me. I looked up and found my dad carrying plastic bags. I immediately stood up and helped him out. "Dad! Hi I've missed you... what's all of this?" I asked as I plopped the bags down on the table and scavenged through the various juices.

"Well I'm just very proud of you son and to all of the boys. You guys must be thirsty, come on don't be shy. Pick whatever you want." My dad smiled and shook my hair. All of the guys went and surrounded the table. I smiled at how my dad was so supportive of me.

"Doyoung-ah, can I talk to you privately?" My dad asked. I nodded and got out of the room. "I know you are still young and enjoying your life but I'd really like to see you get married." My dad just blurted it out. I choked on my drink as I heard those words. "What?"

"Maybe it's time to convince your company that dating and eventually marriage is normal. I'm not getting any younger, I want to see you with someone." My dad sighed. I've told him before that I can't do much with what he wanted for me. He understands but I know he's devastated. I don't want to see him this way anymore.

"Dad you know I can't d-" I started.

"Son, it's fine. I just hoped that you'd experience something like that. Marriage is beautiful you know." My dad cut me off. "Sorry, you were saying?"

"You know I have a girlfriend." I blurted out.

Oh my goodness. WHY did I say that? Am I crazy?

"Oh, what?" His face lightened up with joy. "How come you never told me?"

"Well, it was kind-d of embarrassing..." I stuttered. "Does your company know?" he asked. I nodded slightly. What did I just get into? Help me rewind this moment.

"Doyoung-ah! Congrats! Wow you better show me this young lady. I want to meet her. Open your schedule for me anytime and I'll meet her." My dad hugged me and smiled. He waved at me and then left.

I slid down the wall I was leaning on. [refer to the picture above ;)] I am so crazy. What the heck did I just say? Oh I don't know Doyoung maybe telling your father about your non-existent girlfriend. I stood up and entered the room looking down. "What's wrong?" my manager came up to me.

I dragged my manager outside. "I have done a mistake." I said as I looked up. "What did you do now?" my manager asked. "Just a awhile ago, I told my dad that I had a girlfriend and that the company is aware of it. Yes before you blow up, I get it I'm stupid." I replied.

My manager literally sighed in front of me. Not just an ordinary sigh. A LOUD one. "You know we don't do dating."

"Yes and I am 100% briefed about that. However, I just felt so bad for my dad. He wants me to get married sooner or later." I explained. "I'll talk to the company. Don't you like Sejeong? Ask her." my manager said.

I looked up not expecting that kind of answer coming out from my manager. "What did you just say? You're calm right now?" My manager laughed and looked straight towards my eye. "I agree with your dad you know. You idols don't get to experience much in that field. I feel kind of bad. I'll convince the company even if it gets me fired."

"Woah no, not to that extent please." I said smiling. "And Sejeong, no way. She will definitely say no. I'm not the right fit for her beauty."

-

hii angels! 🍯🌼
i'm so happy we are progressing now
oohh what's going to happen now? looks like a plot is growingg
well i hope you like this chapter!
on to the next one, shall we? <3