2. Just A Scratch

You heard the whoosh of the ground bridge opening. You set down your phone and hopped up from the couch, hurrying to the walkway railing. Optimus Prime had taken a team – Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, Arcee, and Mirage – to recover a powerful Cybertronian relic. Ratchet had tracked it from its energy signatures, so there was little doubt the Decepticons would also be on their way.

The Autobots went in expecting a fight, so you were more than relieved to see them all returning in one piece. They looked a little banged up, but otherwise fine. Ratchet would have them fixed up in no time, you knew.

You would be lying if you said you weren't the most relieved to see Optimus. Even though you knew he was more than capable of holding his own, it didn't stop you from worrying about the big mech. He was scratched and dented just like the others, with a noticeable limp in his gait, but at least he had returned at all. You always tried to find the positives, especially when dealing with 'Cons.

  Immediately, Ratchet was fussing over the bots, nearly making Mirage drop the recovered relic. You hadn't even noticed him holding it. It looked to be a weapon of some kind, but then again, most Cybertronian things looked like weapons to you. Strongarm took the relic off Mirage's hands, going to file it away in the vault.

Optimus Prime, being the courteous leader like always, insisted that his teammates be looked at first, much to the annoyance of Ratchet. He soon acquiesced, however, knowing he couldn't argue with the Prime, and led the other four Autobots off into the med bay.

Optimus' optics finally landed on you and you hurriedly beckoned him over, desperate to get a closer look at your beloved bot. He approached the walkway, leaning down a little to be more level with you. You pressed your hands to his face mask, trying to get a look at him from every angle.

  "Are you okay?" You asked. "I was so worried about you guys."

"We are all undamaged," Optimus told you, gingerly pushing each of your hands away with a single digit. "Minor injuries at worst."

You raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "That limp doesn't seem so minor. You should be resting until Ratchet's ready for you."

"I assure you, Y/N, I will be fine," Optimus said, but you were hearing none of it.

  You marched down the stairs of the walkway and tugged on the front of a single of Optimus' pedes, trying to pull him towards his habsuite. Of course, there was no way you could actually move Optimus by force, but you were determined nonetheless.

"What are you doing?" Optimus asked, a twinge of amusement in his voice.

"I'm taking you to your room so you can rest," you stated flatly. You circled around the Prime, trying to push his pede from the back instead. "Get moving."

You swear you heard Optimus stifle a laugh, but figured it must have been a trick of your ears. "Very well," he said.

He began moving forward, being mindful of your position as you walked by his side. You felt a little bit guilty that you couldn't offer your shoulder for Optimus to lean on. His limp looked painful and you wished you could help support him in some way.

Almost as if he could read your thoughts, Optimus said, "You do not have to feel responsible for me, Y/N."

"I know," you answered, tapping your fingers together. "But I just worry, you know? And I know I can't help much around here, but I like helping when I actually can. It makes me feel...not so useless."

"You are not useless," Optimus countered.

You nodded. "I know, I just...feel a little small sometimes," you said with a smile.

Optimus looked down at you fondly, pausing in his strides only long enough to scoop you up in one of his servos. You yelped in surprise as he carried you the rest of the way to his habsuite.

"Hey, I'm supposed to be looking after you!" You protested.

Optimus merely chuckled in return. You crossed your arms and pouted halfheartedly. The Prime sure could be a brat when he wanted to.

  You were no less serious about having him resting, though, and made sure the mech went straight to berth once the two of you had entered his habsuite. You had him lie on his back so you could lie on your stomach, resting firmly upon the windshields on his chest. You knew he was less likely to get up if you were on top of him.

  "Are you now satisfied?" Optimus asked, the hint of a smile shining in his optics. "I am resting as you requested."

  "I am, yes," you said, nodding. "You're not invincible, you know. You need to take better care of yourself."

You felt his frame rumble beneath you as he laughed lightly. "So you keep telling me, sweetspark."

You hummed contently, resting your head on your folded arms as you gazed at Optimus lovingly. You felt his servo cover your body like a blanket, hearing him ex-vent softly as he relaxed. You smiled.

You loved these quiet moments you spent with Optimus after he returned from a battle. It was a gentle reassurance that, no matter what happened, you both had each other at the end of the day, that you were both safe and intact. It was comforting to you and you knew Optimus found it so, too. You had a feeling he worried about you when he went out to battle, even though you were safely at the Autobot base.

"I love you, Optimus," you whispered, letting your eyes drift shut.

"And I love you, Y/N," Optimus replied. "With all my spark."

------------------------------------------------------------
ahhhhh i love fluff!! fluff is good and makes me happy😊

i think this turned out soooo super cute!! ahhh it gives me the warm fuzzies x3

i hope you all are enjoying these oneshots! i know i am x3

leave me some feedback if you like! i love hearing from y'all💕💕