Chapter 12

After getting a look of Uma our villain we return to Auradon where Mal and Ben arre having a picnic. "Would you like a hot hors d'oeuvre?" Mal asked. "Yes, please. Mmm! This is the best thing I've ever had." Ben said eating the food. "So, you like it?" Mal asked. "I more than like it. I, uh... mmm-- so like it." Ben said. "Beef ragout?" Mal asked. "Yeah. This is amazing." Ben said. "Did I surprise you?" Mal asked. "Oh, yeah, you surprised me. This is every single dish Mrs. Potts made for my parents." Ben said. "What did it take you? Three days?" Ben asked. "You know, don't even ask me." Mal said. "Yeah. Well, it means a lot that you stopped and did all this for me. Especially with all the craziness you've been put through. I've missed you. We don't get much time to be just us anymore." Ben said. "I know." Mal said. "You can't take me anywhere, right?" Ben said. "Uh..." Mal said. "Do you have a-- Do you have a napkin or something?" Ben asked. "I do! I packed some." Mal said. "Oh, there is--" Ben got interupted by Mal. "I think I stowed them away. I can grab them." Mal said. "What's this?" Ben asked taking out her spell book. "I actually threw that in there super last-minute in case it rained or--" Mal was interupted by Ben. ""Speed reading" spell. "Blonde hair" spell. "Cooking" spell. And I was giving you props for fitting in so well, for doing your best." Ben said. "Take back this moment that has passed. Return it-- Reverse it--" Mal tried to cast a spell. "Are you trying to spell me right now?!" Ben asked. "Ben, it has been so hard for me!" Mal said. "Yes! Some things are hard! Do you think learning to be king has been easy for me?" Ben asked. "No!" Mal said. "I thought we were doing this together!" Ben said. "Ben, we are in this together." Mal said. "But we're not, Mal. We're not. Y-You've been keeping secrets and lying to me. I thought we were done with that. This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Mal." Ben said. "Yeah. Believe me, I know that!" Mal said. "Then why are you doing this?" Ben asked. "Because... I'm not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben. I'm not one of those ladies from the Court. I'm a big fake, okay? I'm fake. This is fake. This is fake. Take this feast, this sumptuous meal, return it back to what is real. This is who I really am." Mal turned to feast back into a sandwich and a glass of milk. "Mal." Ben said. "No. No." Mal said fast walking away. "Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite!" Ben called out. In Mal, Evie and Y/n's dorm. "I don't belong here. Okay. Okay. Okay. Let's blow this popsicle stand" Mal got surprised when Y/n came in. "Mal!?" Y/n ran over to her. "Y/n.. Come with me.. Don't you miss being rotten to the core!?" Mal asked. "Y-Yeah." Y/n said. "Come back to the Isle with me?" Mal asked. "Okay.." Y/n said as she dressed up like she belonged at the isle. (Meaning her old outfit but not the hair.)

Mal was on her scooter with Y/n on the back

Mal was on her scooter with Y/n on the back. "Yeah? Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take me anywhere. Okay. Whew. Please work. Oh!"  Mal and Y/n then rode off back to the isle as they felt a shock go through them as they went through the barrier. They went through the streets as they saw a poster up about mal being a good girl. Mal took the poster and scrunched it up. "We're back and badder than ever." Y/n said as Mal nodded. They went up the flight of stairs after Mal threw a rock at a sign. Back at Auradon prep Ben was doing some paperwork. "Deborah?" Ben asked through the intercom. "Yes, Your Majesty?" Deborah asked. "Can you ask Lumiere to call me regarding Cotillion?" Ben asked. "Yes, sir." Deborah said. "Thank you." Ben said. "Ben?" Evie asked knocking. "Evie! Come on in" Ben said. "Mal and Y/n have gone back to the isle." Evie said holding a note and passing it to Ben. "Ben..." Evie said and gave Ben the ring he gave Mal. "This is my fault. This is my fault." Ben said. "I-I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her. I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and--and beg her to come back." Ben said. "Ben, you'll never find them." Evie said. "-I--" Evie interupted Ben. "You need to know how the Isle and how it works and...you have to take me with you" Evie said. "Yes ! Uh are you sure ?" Ben asked. "Yeah. She is my best friend and we'll bring the boys too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us are really too popular over there right now." Evie said. "Thank you!" Ben said. "But let's get two things straight. You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again." Evie said. "I promise." Ben said. "And there's no way you're going looking like that." Evie said. Back at the isle Mal and Y/n sneak into a place called lady tremaine's curl up and dye. A young girl was sweeping hair while listening to music when two people came in. "Mal! Y/n! Is Evie back?" Dizzy asked. Y/n chuckled "As if." Mal said. "Um... We forgot that you guys don't open until midnight." Mal said. "Place looks good." She said looking at the place. "So what is your deal? has your grandmother given you customers yet?" Mal asked. "Ah... Just a witch here and there." Dizzy said. "Mostly its a lot of scrubbing, scowering and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping." Dizzy said. "Sounds like your old cinderella treatment hey?" Y/n said. "Yeah, Shes gone from wicked step-mother to wicked grandmother." Dizzy said. "Well thats not much of a switch." Mal said. "Hey Dizzy? You used to do Evie right?" Y/n asked. "Yeah I thought of those little braids." Dizzy said. "Have any ideas for us?" Mal asked. "Washed out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't  see where your face ends and where your hair begins. And Y/n a common black with Blue curls. Easy mistakes can be easily fixed." Dizzy said. "Oh what is this!? Bored to death pink?" Dizzy asked. "How far can I go?" She asked. "The works I mean whatever makes me feel like me but y'know way worse." Mal said as Dizzy looked at Y/n. "Go ahead." Y/n said. "Yay!" Dizzy cheered. Que haircut montage. (To be clear you don't have a fringe.)

"There I am

"There I am." Mal said. "You've outdone yourself Dizzy." Y/n said. "Wella!" Dizzy said. "Wella." Mal repeated giving Dizzy money. "For me?" Dizzy asked. "You earned it." Mal said as Dizzy giggled going to the cash register but somebody stopped her it was Harry Hook. "Fork it over young runt." He said as Dizzy gave him the money. He tapped his hook on the car front. "And the rest of it." He said as Dizzy went to the cash register. "Still running errands for Uma? Or do you get to keep what you steal?" Mal asked. "Well, Well, Well, What a nice surprise." Harry said. Y/n spat on the gound. "Ooo. Someones a little fiesty." Harry said. "Hi Harry." Mal said. "Just wait until Uma hears about this. Shes never gonna give you back your territory." Harry said. "Oh, well thats okay because we will be taking it" Mal said. "I can hurt you-" Mal grabbed Harry's wrist and put her gum on his hook. "Not without her permission I bet." Mal said but Harry just ate the gum off his hook. He swiped everything of of the car front. "Great! More sweeping!" Dizzy complained. Back at auradon. "Jay. Keys. Remote." Ben said throwing those things at Jay. "Wait! Somethings wrong." Evie said and then fixed Ben's beanie up. "There." She said. "SHOTGUN!" Dude shouted. "No fair! I want shotgun!" Ember growled. "No Dude and Ember. The isle is way too dangerous." Carlos said. "B-but!" Carlos gave Ember a look. "Did they just?" Jay asked. "Talk? I know. I'll explain later." Carlos said. "Lets go." Ben said. "Okay. Once we cross the bridge we'll park at the pier under the garage. Got it?" Evie said. "Got it" Jay said. And they cross the barrier a good place for us to end the chapter.