II

mike newton lead bella swan into the cafeteria where they sat with jessica stanley, angela weber, and eric yorkie

" hey mikey! you met my home girl, bella? " said eric, as he smiled like he won the lottery.

" your home girl? " asked mike.

jessica looked between the three almost like she was envious of bella for getting mike's attention so fast.

" my girl. " declared tyler crowley, as he ran up behind bella and kissed her cheek. he pulled mike's chair from underneath him causing him to fall on the ground. " sorry i had to mess up your game, mike! " yelled tyler, as he ran away from the group laughing.

" oh, my god. it's like first grade all over again, you're the shiny new toy. " jessica laughed.

" smile. " angela snapped a picture, catching bella off guard.

" sorry. i needed a candid for the feature. " she explained.

" the feature's dead, angela. don't bring it up again. " eric snapped as he looked at her.

" it's okay, i just... " bella tried to explain that it was okay, but got cut off by eric. " i got your back, baby. " eric said as he patted bella's arm and walked off.

" guess we'll run another editorial on teen drinking " angela said dissapointed because she couldn't find something new to write about.

" you know, you can always go for eating disorders. speedo padding on the swim team. " bella tried to give angela some new ideas for the school newspaper.

" actually, that's a good one " praises angela. " kirk. right? that's exactly what i thought. " jessica laughed as she wanted to be involved in the conversation that was taking place.

bella swan looked out the window of the cafeteria and drowned out what they were talking about as she saw these god-like people walking to the entrance of the cafeteria.

" who are they? " she asked.

they looked confused as to what she was talking about, but looked behind to where she was looking and suddenly understood her curiosity.

" the cullens " angela stated.

jessica's suddenly got into gossip mode. " they're dr. and mrs. cullen's foster kids. they moved down here from alaska, like a few years ago. " it seemed like jessica knew all about the cullens.

" they kind of keep to themselves " said angela. " yea, cause they're all like together. like, together, together. " jessica leaned closer to bella as she said this like it was some sort of secret.

" the blonde girl, that's rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, emmett, they're, like, a thing. " jessica informed bella as rosalie and emmett walked in holding hands.

" i'm not even sure that's legal " jessica whispered as they walked by. " jess, they're not actually related. " angela tried defending the cullens. " yea, but they live together. it's weird " shrugged jessica.

" and, okay, the little dark-haired girl's alice. she's really weird, and she's with kingston, the one who looks like he just wants to murder everyone " stated jessica, as she looked at them like they were from another planet

" the small, blond is addison. she's always happy. it gets creepy. she's with jasper, the one who looks like he's in pain. " jessica looked as if she was creeped out just by the thought of them.

" dr. cullen's like this foster dad/matchmaker "

" maybe he'll adopt me " angela said playfully.

" who's he? " asked bella as she saw the last god-like person walk through the doors.

" that's edward cullen. he's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here's good enough for him. " jessica remembered the time that edward rejected her. " like i care, you know? " but it was obvious that she did. " seriously, like, don't waste your time "

" i wasn't planning on it " bella said as she looked back at the cullens

***

at the cullen table, edward sat staring at bella in frustration.

" what's wrong eddie? " addison is the only person that edward would allow to call him that. he couldn't find it in himself to get mad at the small blonde. she was the youngest of them all and they were very protective of the innocent girl.

" the new girl, i can't read her mind " he said in confusion.

bella swan was the first ever person who's kind he couldn't read. he didn't like that he couldn't read her mind. it was frustrating to edward and he couldn't find out why.

" maybe she doesn't think? " questions addison as she tried to console her older brother.

" that's probably it addy " edward smiles at her thankful that she tried to cheer him up.

the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. jasper got up and held out his hand to addison. she took it with a bright smile. as they were walking through the hallway, addison turned to jasper with a questioning look.

" do you think he'll be okay jazz? " she asked her beloved.

" i think he'll be just fine doll " jasper smiled down at her lovingly. " everything will be fine, don't worry "

oh, how wrong he was.