-6-

Courtney parked outside of the school and got out of her car, she slung her book bag over her shoulder and walked toward her group table.

She sat next to Duncan, and they both smiled at one another. She was about to speak until Duncan beat her to it.

"Are you going on the field trip?" Duncan asked, Courtney smiled and nodded.

"Yeah it's gonna be really fun, with all my friends." Courtney smiled as she looked around at everyone at the table.

"Yeah maybe we could go skinny dipping again in the lake." Duncan smirked, Courtney felt heat rise in her face and Duncan chuckled.

"Your blushing." Duncan teased as he poked her nose, she turned away from him and he turned to talk to Geoff.

The bell rang and everyone walked to their classes, everyone turned their separate ways into their classrooms.

Soon it was lunch time and Courtney walked toward their lunch table. She sat beside Bridgette and they talked.

"I see you don't have that book." Bridgette teased, Courtney scoffed and rolled her eyes at her best friend.

"We had a problem yesterday but we fixed it, right?" Duncan said as he elbowed Courtney, she nodded and Bridgette raised a brow at the two.

"Are you two a thing, or?" Bridgette asked, Duncan's smiled and Courtney's cheeks turned a crimson red.

"No, just friends." They said in unison, Bridgette clicked her tongue and gave the two a 'really' look.

"Yeah.. Alright." Bridgette winked at Courtney causing her to look up at Duncan, who was just as confused.

"What was that about?" Duncan asked, Courtney only looked back at Bridgette and shrugged.

"I don't, wait we are just friends.. right?" Courtney asked as she looked up at him, Duncan suddenly lost the ability to speak, he had just noticed how beautiful she was.

"Uh- Yeah totally.. friends." Duncan nodded and he couldn't bare the thought of just being friends with Courtney.

"Great." Courtney smiled at him and turned to Bridgette, Duncan ignored the pang in his chest and talked to Geoff.

The final bell rang and everyone got up from their tables and walked to their final class.

Courtney speed walked to her class and got there before Duncan, she thought of him as someone more than a friend, and that scared the shit out of her.

Duncan walked into the classroom and sat beside Courtney, the teacher walked into the classroom, smiling.

"Alright let's get those permission slips out, if you got them signed." They both got out the papers and handed them to the teacher.

Class went on and they were taking notes, out of the corner of her eyes she could see Duncan's pencil broke.

"Princess can I have a pencil?" Duncan asked, Courtney nodded and handed him and extra pencil.

When she handed him the pencil their hands touch, they both felt a bolt of electricity go through their hands but they ignored it.

Soon the final bell rung signaling school was over, Courtney walked out of the classroom and walked to her car.

She drove home and all she wanted to do was sleep, she had a lot on her mind.

Once she got home she went up to her room and put on a tank top and shorts, she crawled into bed and happily went to sleep.

————

-1 week later-

Today was the field trip! Courtney was more than excited, Bridgette picked her up this morning.

Once they got to the school they got on a bus and went to the back where they all promised to meet each other.

Geoff and Duncan were sitting together, Owen and Izzy, DJ and Owen, and Gwen and Trent. Courtney and Bridgette took their seat.

"I can't believe we're going to lake wawanakwa!" Bridgette said excitingly, Courtney giggled and heard Geoff talking quieter than usual.

"If you like her go ask her out man." Geoff said to Duncan, who was looking blankly out the window.

"I don't know." Duncan said nervously as he played with his eyebrow ring.

"I would do it before it's too late." Geoff patted Duncan's back and he turned to DJ, Duncan sighed and looked out the window again.

Once they arrived at lake wawanakwa, they sent the boys to one cabin, and the girls to another.

Bridgette and Courtney shared a bunk, they called everyone to the mess hall so they could eat breakfast.

Once breakfast was over they did many activities such as hiking, swimming, and bird watching.

Once they got back to their cabins everyone was bored, so all the girls got into their pajamas and sat on the floor eating food.

Tonight will be an interesting night..

————

Short chapter, but I just wanted to write since I didn't update like I usually do, sorry for the cliffhanger, the next chapter will be.. crazy.