Wattpad Original

HI BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - publishing

Hey so....

SEA GLASS is being published by Wattpad Books in 2020!

But it has a new title: THE SUMMER I DROWNED, which has absolutely grown on me so much. I loved the title Sea Glass, but I think the new title will fit much better in the traditional YA market and I've personally fallen in love with it. I really hope you will embrace it too <3

I can't even tell you guys how excited I am to be working on this story and turning it into a "real" book. I wrote the first draft - the one you can still read here - in less than three months, all the way back in 2018. I had never written a thriller and knew basically nothing about the genre. I just knew that I wanted to blend a contemporary story full of romance and friendship with a darker plot full of twists.

The new version - which I'm still working on - will bring out the Mystery/Thriller side of the story a lot sooner, and blend much better with the contemporary aspects of the story.

What I'm saying is - it'll be the same story, but way more fleshed out, way longer, and (hopefully!) way better. More fleshed out characters, deeper story lines... all that good stuff. A lot will be different, but for the better. The characters will be aged up a year as well, which is something I know a lot of people wanted!

The first draft will remain here on Wattpad, but I hope you will consider purchasing the full story when it comes out. I'll keep you guys updated on the when, where, and how when I know more! ;-) And FYI the new cover isn't the official one, it's just something I made for the title change lel.

Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who has read and supported the story so far, and to those of you who will continue to read it. It's funny, I had a feeling when I wrote it this story that something good would someday come out of it, and now I get to call it my debut. I wouldn't have been able to move forward with such confidence without you guys reading and supporting me. And to those of you who are hoping to someday publish - never give up. This has been a rocky, insane journey for me, but hard work pays off, and good things can come at unexpected times.

Special thanks to my editor, Tragicrighthip , talent manager monica-pacheco, and Paid Stories mentor Leah who were all on that first phone call when the deal was presented ^_^