Prologue

"Why the hell do you have the Rollerworld money?"- Ana Sofia Martinez

- Ana Sofia Martinez

"Why the hell do you have the Rollerworld money?"- Ana Sofia Martinez

"You're stressing me out by stressing out."
- Oscar "Spooky" Diaz

Soundtrack

Silence - Marshmello, Khalid
   "I'm so used to sharing"

The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin
   "The power of love, a force from above"

I'll Be Good - Jaymes Young
   "But the blood on my hands scares me to death"

Grace - Lewis Capaldi
   "I found salvation in the form of your grace"

Bind Your Love - Cher Lloyd
   "I will stick with you no matter the cost"

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood
   "I was naive and hopeful and lost"

      Ana Sofia was, all things considered, a very good person for the town she lived in, at least that's what she told herself every morning. In school, she only got A's and B's, never once got in trouble, and was never tardy. Her mother was beyond proud of her, and that's why when enrolling into college came and went, and she never sent back any of her acceptance forms, her mother became worried. Mario, her brother, had enrolled and the money from loans and out of pocket threw a considerable hole in the Martinez family pockets.

Sofia knew she couldn't do that to her family, even with her scholarships, it wasn't a full ride. Although Sofia was by far the smartest and most deserving of a four-year college education, she sucked it up and signed her forms for community college. She knew Mario's main reason for college was the parties, and even though she was disappointed, college wasn't going anywhere. Her family needed her right now, and she would stay for a little while longer. Her mother was upset, feeling guilty that she couldn't give her daughter enough money to achieve her dreams. She hid her sadness well and focused on the fact that Sofia was staying with them and wasn't leaving. It was hard enough with Mario leaving; she couldn't imagine a second child.

Of course, that meant getting a part-time job to save up for her college. She wanted to put away enough not to have any loans, and pay for some of her family's bills.

She started her job in a week, and until then she was enjoying time with her family. She stood in the front yard while her brother Ruby and his friend Jamal sat by the front porch in the shade whispering to one another. Monse and Cesar, the two missing links weren't here. They usually hung out in a herd, but Monse was at summer camp, and Cesar hadn't been by the house in two weeks.

When Sofia noticed his absence and questioned her brother about it, Ruby refused to speak anything to it. Saying it was "just too much," she didn't know what that meant. Lousia and Luis, her twin younger siblings, ran around in the grass. Luis quickly took a turn and fell crying loudly. Ruby was quick to rush to action picking him up and then bringing him inside to calm him down and not upset the neighbors.

Louisa, who was now alone, ran over to the only person who would give her attention, Sofia. She was quick to swoop the other girl in her arms when she noticed a loud sound coming from down the street. Jamal must have heard it too because he stepped down from the porch. With the girl tightly in her arms, Sofia spun around to look at the noise, and she wished she hadn't. A red car rolled slowly down the streets with three people inside.

Driving the car was Oscar Diaz, a not so friendly face from Sofia's past. The two had a rocky relationship in high school if you could even call it a relationship. Oscar, or as his friends called him, Spooky had always been a bad boy, and at the time it was exciting. She was a cliche, classic bad boy and good girl. Oscar was living legacy of the Santos gang and would eventually once high school was out take over. Oscar never liked Sofia as much as she liked him, and eventually, he was swept off to jail, and her broken heart healed with time. In all honesty, she never thought she would see him again, but now there he was after all the time driving his car down the street with Cesar, his younger brother beside him.

They held eye contact for a few moments, her heart beating in her chest. Oscar blinked a few times before hitting the gas and flying down the road, leaving her standing there in shock. Taking a shaky breath, she turned back around to see Ruby had reappeared. "How long has he been back?"

"I don't know," Ruby thought, "almost three weeks."

It quickly clicked in Sofia's mind, "is that why you aren't talking to Cesar?"

"Partly, he-" Jamal went to spill the beans, but Ruby stopped him.

"Jamal," he snapped before turning back to his sister. "I said that I did not want to talk about it, and if that changes I will let you know."

Sofia nodded knowing Ruby, she never pushed if he was so clearly trying to spare the details of something. She found it best that she never wanted to know. "Were you going to tell me he was back?"

"No," Ruby spoke after a minute of thinking. "I didn't think you would care." It was true, Sofia shouldn't have a reason to care. All Ruby knew was that Oscar and Sofia were barely friends.

"I don't," Sofia's voice failed her which suprised them both, "just suprised he's out."

"What was he in for anyway," Jamal asked.

"No idea," Sofia honetly replied, she had a list of ideas but knew nothing for certain.

"Not murder," Ruby spoke, "he wasn't gone long enough. Unless it was manslaughter."

Sofia rolled her eyes still holding Lousia, "it was probably not that." With that she quickly headed inside not wanting to have any more talk of Oscar.

~~~~~~~~

Anything in Italics are flashbacks. Hope you enjoy!