Chapter 1 Shoe Laces

"Eli dear , do you know where i put my silver chandelier earrings , the ones which match this necklace"granny -yes my GRANDMOTHER asks as she comes in waving her blindingly sparkly necklace ,however she stops as soon as she sees that I am still not dressed and thus granny crosses her arms over her chest.

"ALIANNA do you realise we are leaving in ten minutes and you are still in your pyjamas!"she gasps while eyeing my attire with disgust.

" sorry i'll just get to it,"i sigh while putting down the romance book i was engulfed in and striding to my closet quite unwillingly to choose an outfit .

To my relief granny had descended back to her side of the apartment leaving a trail of glitter behind her which i am positive came off from her eyelids that were blended into a smokey eye complimenting her very short pink dress .Sometimes i wonder what she used to dress up like as a teen if this was what she does when she's 65 years old! and you guessed it - she is working as a fashion designer.

I take off my beloved casual clothes and put on a grey coloured jersey which reaches just below my knees,as a substitute for a dress then take out my joggers from under my bed and lace them up after slipping some socks on .

I left my hair as they were ,open as usual ,and only slipped on my precious silver ring while i grabbed my cross body and hid my copy of 'A room with a view' inside of it while i rushed out the door to our teal coloured minivan to join my brother and gran.

Granny let out a huff of defeat as she saw that my dress was not a strapless form fitted one and exclaimed"kids these days!"but i was grateful for no further protests otherwise she would give me hour-long lectures on how i should try to be more aware of how i appear because supposedly in this state 'i would never find a man'.

As i gazed out at the unfamiliar scenery of Aristowall i found a familiar feeling hit me in the guts -i was nervous and had just taken in the fact i was going to my new high school's welcome party which was being thrown in the school itself.

.....Sure i was a little puzzled as to why they had a party before the school year began but i shrugged the thought away and got back to the worry - at -hand—being the new girl.Jack ,my brother on the other hand was always queerly cool about being the new guy.I mean he doesn't need a reason to be shy with his not the most horrible looks.

Granny sensed my discomfort from the driver's seat and gave me a sad smile from the rear view mirror "I promise Eli,this will be good for you ,mark my words"I gave her an obligatory upwards curve of my lips just so she wouldn't worry too much of me.

"Ya sis ,why always the pessimist!"Jack remarks with a smirk i am quite eager to wipe off.