1. Into Thin Air

Hey just letting you guys know, I'm sorry I never started this story but I kept starting with new stories and ended up forgetting about this one 😅 I also want to let you know that I'm not promising daily updates or anything. Maybe weekly but I'm not sure. Anyways enough of me blabbering, lets get started!

—————————————————

-Izukus pov-

"Did you hear? Bakugo and kirishima are in love!"

"But isn't Bakugo Izukus soulmate?"

"I heard he wants to cut it!"

These were the whispers that surrounded me while I walked to my locker. I sighed as I reached out my hand to enter my locker combination, the glowing red string growing shorter as Kacchan walked closer to me, stopping at the locker next to mine. "Bakugo!" Kirishima smiled brightly and jumped into Bakugos arms, kissing him passionately and elbowing me in the process. "Morning beautiful" he responded with a smirk and grabbed Kirishimas hand. They bumped into me on their way past but I didn't mind that much, I was used to it. As they walked down the hall hand in hand, a tear silently fell down my cheek but I swiped it away before anyone could notice. The whispers in the hall only increased and I felt as though I was drowning. Slowly being dragged into complete and inescapable darkness. But as long as Kacchans happy, maybe I can be too. Our soulmate string appeared that fateful day when we were just kids...

(Flashback)

Not all men are equal. That's what I learned when I stood up for a boy from my kindergarten. I laid there on the floor, bruises, cuts, and burn marks lining my frail little body. That's when it happened. As Kacchan was walking away with his gang of kindergarten delinquents, a blinding light flashed between me and my bully. the kid I protected was frozen in shock. I shakily lifted my throbbing head from the concrete only to be met with a horrifying sight.

A red string

It was tied to my pinky and with wide eyes, I slowly looked up to see who it lead to. No, it can't be!

Kacchan?!?

(Flashback over)

As the years went by, I slowly realized how much I loved him. I found myself adoring his every aspect. From his ruby red eyes to his intimidating smirk, I found myself blushing at the very thought of him. But then U.A. exams came around and my faith in soulmates disappeared completely in the blink of an eye.

(Flashback)

"Thank you for catching me!" I smile and thank the nice girl who used her quirk to help me. "No problem, good luck on the exam!" She smiled back and started to walk towards the entrance. "I hope I still have time to go to the bathroom..." I mutter and start to sprint towards the bathroom sign. I walk in and immediately pick up on some kind of... weird vibe. I stepped in further to try and figure out the confusing feeling when all of a sudden I see him.

Kacchan

Kissing

A red haired boy

The sight made me sick to my stomach and I almost threw up my breakfast.

"I love you kiri" he whispered into his ear and leaned back in to suck on his neck

"I... I love you too b-bakugo~"

I ran out as fast as I could covering my mouth with my hand, running into as least 5 people. But in that moment, I couldn't give a care in the world who I bumped into. In that moment my stomach wouldn't stop churning with disgust. In that moment my head felt completely empty. Scratch that, everything feels empty, numb to any feeling at all. Even though tears were pouring from my eyes and my heart burned with an unplaceable sting, I still felt void of any emotions. like an empty shell of a human. When the U.A. letter came back and I found out I got in, I smiled for my mother but in truth I felt nothing. No happiness or sadness or even anger. Nothing... nothing at all...

(Flashback over)

"-eku? Deku! Are you ok? Can you hear me?!?" I shook my head and looked up. The school bell echoed through the now empty halls letting any students left in the hall know they had to get to class. "Jeez deku you really need to stop spacing out! You seem to be doing it more often lately and we are starting to get worried about you..." Crud I'm being such a burden. Just smile and reassure her. That always works. I flash her a big smile and laugh. "Sorry Uraraka, I haven't been sleeping well lately so I've been spacing out a lot. Tell them not to worry about me, I don't want my friends to worry." Of course when I say 'them' I mean Todoroki, Iida, and Uraraka. I reach into my locker to grab my English book and my pencil before shutting it and following the red string on the floor to class.

-Kirishimas pov-

As Bakugo and I walked down the hall I noticed him blankly staring at the floor. He's been acting kinda weird lately. Kind of... distant? I kiss his cheek to get his attention and he smirks.
"Can't keep your lips off me ay?"
I feel my cheeks burning up and look away. "W-What? No! It... it's not like that!"
"Kiri we've been dating since high school started, I'm pretty sure I know you well enough by now."
I chuckle in defeat and sigh. "You just seem to be kind of distant lately. Why is that?"
He takes a moment to think of a response before finally sighing and looking at me.
"Kiri, I was reading an article around a week ago about people who've cut their strings and retied them to new people. Then those two became soulmates. I was just thinking... what If I cut me and Deku's string?"

-Bakugos pov-

I could see how kirishimas face lit up and he flashed me a smile brighter then the fucking sun.
"Wow! You would do that for me? But isn't there a bad side effect or something?" He squeezed me tightly and I kissed his forehead. "No there isn't, Don't worry about it. Come on the bell already rang. Let's go to fuckin' class already."

The thing is, there was a side effect.
One that bakugo had been thinking about all week
Not one scientist in all of Japan could figure it out
When the soulmate string was cut and retied to a different string, it would continue to glow
But the person who's string wasn't tied and was left cut...

Disappeared into thin air within a week

Ack I'm sorry again for how I left this story idea neglected for so long! Anyways I hope you like it but um... yeah I have nothing to say here so I guess I'll just see you in the next chapter! Author Chan out~