Chapter 3: Dormitory Complex

Subject: Dagfinn, Icarus

Status: Employed

Occupation: Black Mesa Security

Wanted: Resisting Capture, Destruction of Property, Murder, Theft of Government Property.

Engagement Method: Shoot on sight. Ask no questions. 

The beast shot fire everywhere, melting the end of the vent over.

They entered a large complex with doors lining the walls, doing so six floors up.

A sign read:

"Dormitory Complex 1-A"

This was where the families of the personnel lived.

That must mean that they were close to the surface.

He quickly went up to his dormitory, where his wife and son were probably waiting, scared and alone.

He opened the door slowly, quietly, his revolver in hand in case someone else was there. His hand quivered hearing a familiar voice groaning.

"Help... Please..."

He walked into the room. His wife lay there, crushed under a portion of concrete ceiling. It looked like something with superhuman strength ripped the room apart. Sections of counter were torn from the wall; gaping holes had been punched into the solid concrete.

His wife motioned him over shakily.

"Icarus... Please... Find our boy... For me... I want my son..."

Tears welled up in Icarus' face. He got on his knees, holding her quivering hand. He held it, until she gave her parting breath. There wasn't anything he could have done for her.

He stood silently, walking out of the dorm, continuing down the hall. He heard a light gurgling noise. He rounded the corner to see his son with a parasite on his head. His body was emaciated from the lack of bodies to feed off. What had become of him? He couldn't do anything but let his body rest.

He closed his eyes and shot him in the head with his revolver.

"Come on Rin, let's keep going." Icarus managed to utter.

They climbed another flight of stairs and they were topside in a warehouse. A radio stood on a table, the radio's chatter stopped for an incoming message.

"All units, we are cutting our losses and pulling out! Forget about Freeman, repeat, get topside! If you can't and aren't dead already, you are now!" The message was cut out after the last syllable.

There were marines just outside the warehouse in the heat of battle.

Icarus and Rin snuck closer.

Three manta ray-like creatures flew overhead, making a screeching noise and firing a beam onto a tank, vaporizing the vehicle and its crew. Four fighter jets flew after them, shooting one down, the ray exploding and destroying two of the fighters, the mangled frames crashing into a group of marines and a missile launcher. Icarus saw a chopper landing in the distance.

He dashed for it, bullets grazing through his hair. Rin followed behind.

He fired his shotgun into some marines, scaling a burning tank and ducking under barbed wire. He grabbed Rin and dove into the back of the helicopter as it was about to take off, wielding his shotgun and aiming it at the pilot, the only one left since it dropped its troops.

"Alright, get up!' Icarus demanded.

The pilot stuck his hands in the air. Icarus threw him out, lifting the chopper up into the air. He flew it forward, after quite a few miles a giant mushroom cloud formed where the facility was. They were just barely out of the blast radius.

Subject: Dagfinn, Icarus

Status: Unable to Be Hired.

Reason: Escaped Range, Official Cannot Reach Subject.

Procedure: Will be Evaluated by Official at a Later Date.