Sleeping on the Couch (George x Reader)

You didn't mean to fall asleep on the couch in the Burrow.

Your parents- avid believers in pure bloodline- disowned you when you were sorted into Gryffindor house, so Mrs. Weasly automatically devoted a place in her family for you. What you didn't know was that George Weasly, a second year at that time, wrote her and begged her to take you in. The only thing you knew was how relieved you were that Molly had FLOOed to McGonnagal's office, demanding that she meet you and take you in.

When you met her the first time, you couldn't help but catch the gleam in her eye. 2 kids with the same shiny red hair stood behind her. The boy, who you'd come to know as Ron, looked only a year younger than you, and the girl, Ginny, seemed only slightly younger than him. Two identical boys leaned against the wall, and you knew who they were instantly. Fred and George Weasly- pranksters extrordinare. They were second years, but no doubt created havoc every where they went. There was another boy, who she had seen milling around the common room too- Percy Weasly.

"You must be wondering what you're doing here, Miss (l/n). We are acutely aware that your parents do not wish to continue supporting you. The Weasly family has offered to take you in." McGonnagal chirped.

Without even thinking, you ran to them and placed Mrs. Weasly in a bear hug, which she gratefully returned. Soon, you were swollowed in a Weasly family hug that wasn't half bad.

That was how the entire thing happened.

Although it was hard, you decided to keep the name (l/n) for your last name. Molly encouraged it, as she had hope for the little good this world had to offer. You all signed the legal documents, and you perminatly considered yourself a Weasly from that day on.

That was four years ago.

Mrs. Weasly- Mum, you had taken a liking to calling her- decided that everyone should celebrate your being taken into the family, kind of like a birthday. You, and Ginny, and Mum, had been in the kitchen cooking and baking all day, and you were exhausted to say the least. During the festivities, you shuffled to the couch, curled in a ball, and fell asleep. Your dreams were lovely. A smile silently sprawled across your face.

You weren't-in the words of professor McGonnagal- "acutely aware" that somebody was completely awe-struck at the very sight of you. Or, that you maybe felt the same way about him.

You stretched out after a while of sleep. The entire couch was taken up with a tangle of your (skin tone) limbs. Every seat in the room was taken, leaving poor George to have to poke the sleeping bear.

Fred had warned him not to mess with you while you were sleeping.

The difference between the two- George was much more down to earth, and Fred was eccentric. Fred was the annoying older brother that you didn't have until first year, but George- he made you feel like butterflies made of rigid glass were in your stomach. You liked him, and you didn't even know it.

He, however was pretty sure of how he felt for you.

Carefully, he lifted your head, a few locks of (h/c), (hair type) hair curling around his fingers. He sat down, placing your head carefully on his lap while he combed through your hair with his fingers. George quickly snapped his head when he heard Harry say "George sure does fancy (y/n)." A pink blush captured his freckled cheeks.

You two sat like that for hours, George dozing off and on while you slumbered away contently. He noticed that everyone had gone to bed. Carefully, he scooped you off of the couch, carrying you upstairs in his arms.

There were a few doors in the hallway at the top of the stairs. His parents, you and Ginny's, Ron's, and of course, his and Fred's. He glanced down the hall, trying to choose which room he would put you in. Slowly, he walked to his own. Fred was already asleep when he got there, which was a blessing. He was the only one that knew about George's feelings for you. That would've been a bloody nightmare.

He placed you on his bed, and changed into some pajama pants, his upper half exposed. He was freezing, and he gladly slid into his small bed where you were asleep.

Softly, his lips grazed your forehead.

"I love you so much, (y/n)."

Oddly enough, those sharapnal butterflies came back, causing you to wake up. You looked in his eyes, his a bit more wise than Fred's.

"Wh- Where am I?" You stuttered. George's face turned a rosy pink.

"Nice to see you've finally woken up, (y/n)."

"That didn't answer my question, George."

He brought his hands up to your cheeks and leaned in. Every butterfly exploded and multiplied as he kissed you. It deepened, and soon you were flat out snogging him.

"(Y/n), George?"

Fred had woken up to you two kissing. Without noticing, you had crawled onto George's lap. You turned beet red, and hid your face in his bare chest, your hair becoming a curtain.

"Well," Fred said, sounding annoyed on purpose, "I'll go bunk in Ronnie's room. You two don't do anything you wouldn't do with me there. Of course, seeing how far you went already-"

"Bye Fred." George pushed. Fred grabbed his stuff and left, leaving the two of you alone.

"Where were we?" George said.

"Wait." You told him, "Why?"

"Whadda ya mean (y/n)?"

"Of all people, George, why me?"

"Because you're the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on." He whispered, each word hitting you like a feather.

You snuggled deeper into his chest, and whispered, I love you George Weasley. Your lips grazed his pale chest, causing him to shiver.

"I love you, (y/n)." He assured, pulling you into yet another kiss, this one even more amazing than the first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I've run (mostly) and walked two and a half miles today and I think I'm dead...

Anyway, I hope you like these little drabbles. They're so much fun to write! Neville is up next.

Please vote and leave comments!

Xx Grace