How To Apply Lipstick Perfectly

Picking the correct lip color is almost as tedious as finding the best pair of jeans that fits your butt, leaves you muffin top-less and elongates your legs. Great lips can really set off your style, but what's the best way to choose and apply lipstick or gloss? Here are some tips for how to get perfect lip color.How To Apply Lipstick Perfectly1. Exfoliate your lipsThis will help remove any dead skin cells and give you a smooth canvas to work on. It will also help your lips feel softer. You can exfoliate your lips by gently brushing them with a toothbrush for a few seconds, or rubbing them with a damp towel. You can also make a lip scrub using one part oil and one part sugar.2. Lip Balm3. How To Apply Lipstick Perfectly with Lip LinerTo define your natural lip line and to prevent your lipstick from getting messy, use a good lip liner to define, reshape and perfect the contours of the lips. This way you will achieve a more defined, precise and polished look.4. Powder Your Lip LinerA light dusting of powder gives lip liner extra staying power. Pick up a tiny amount of loose translucent powder with a cotton pad, curl it around your middle finger and press it against the back of your hand to remove excess, then carefully roll it over your lip liner. Don't apply too much, otherwise, your lip liner will appear blurred.5. How To Apply Lipstick PerfectlyOnce you finish all the above steps and choose your lipstick, take some product onto a lip brush and apply it evenly all over your lips. Don't miss out the inner corners. Ensure you apply it within the corners of your lined lips. Go coat by coat and intensify the color as you please. Usually, one good coat of a quality lipstick will suffice.6. Adding some Shimmer with Lip GlossIt is not necessary, but it will add some sparkle and shine. It will also help your lips appear plumper. You do not need to apply the lip gloss all over your lips; you can just dab a small amount to the center of your bottom lip.