Kaminari x Sero: Hanahaki Disease

Happy birthday Kagome_Makin ♡♡

Sero pov:

It had to start someday, didn’t it?
Ignoring feelings never worked for anyone.
Never.

So here I was now, standing in the boys’ bathroom in front of the sink, coughing like crazy. I covered my mouth with my hands and a few coughs later I opened my palm to find a single flower petal in it. Oh no.

This was the first time a crush had gotten so bad that it made flowers grow in my lungs. It was just a teenieeee tinyyyy crush, come on.
I inspected the petal closely, curious to know more about the situation that I found myself in now. It was rather a large one, it shone brightly yellow and the tip was dipped in crimson red. It also looked suspiciously like a rose. Damn it.

Everyone knew about the Hanahaki disease. If you have unrequited feelings for someone, flowers start growing inside your lungs. That’s just how it works, though what flowers you get variates from person to person. A lot of factors come to play when it comes to that, like what kind of character traits does your loved one have? Are they rather gentle and quiet or wild and loud?
Another thing that nurtures the flowers is what kind of feelings do you have for them and how strong they are. Everyone gets taught the basics of flower language as soon as they come out of the womb, flowers just play a huge role in today’s society.

So back to my flowers. I am 110% sure that the petal I was holding belonged to a rose - the most painful of all the different kinds of flowers that anyone could get. I mean, come on, not only grow normal flowers in your lungs but flowers with thorns.
That isn’t really fair, right? Lucky me haha...ha……… I am so fucked.

“Hey dude, are you okay? Aizawa told us to go look for you since you seemed to be getting sick he said,” I turned around quickly to see who had managed to sneak up on me.

“Ahh Kiri, it’s just you,” I sighed in relief. This was actually a great chance to ask about him and Bakugo since no one was here with us.

“Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while now, but did you two get hanahaki? Before you got together I mean...”

“Actually, yeah. We both did, though Katsu would never admit that. That’s how we both knew it was time to talk,” he responded truthfully, “why the sudden interest in it though? Someone catch your eye? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)” he wiggled his eyebrows at me and had now the biggest smirk in his face. Images of Denki flashed before my eyes so I harshly shook my head to get rid of them.

“Nah bro, just curious. Never got to ask. As you said: Bakugo would never admit it, he’s way too stuck up on his pride to do so,” I chuckled.

~

Having us students live in the dorms on U.A.’s school grounds was a great idea. It was nice to have all our friends around, not only at school, but after it as well. This way we didn’t have to call the whole squad up to hangout, we just had to go next door. But that also meant that everyone was always there. Day in and day out.

It had been getting harder and harder for the past few weeks to hide my seemingly random coughs that coincidentally always occurred when Denki started talking about another one of the oh so pretty girls that passed us in the hallway. Since Jirou started dating Yaoyorozu, he luckily started talking less about her specifically but the more random beauties he looked after.

Today was thursday, official game night for class 1-A. Aizawa told us that we needed to spend more time getting to know each other to work better as a team. So the first thing we played, naturally, was truth or dare. Mina suggested it, as always, because it was really the best game to get to know someone. Also she loved lynching someone with pretty personal questions and torturing us with a nasty dare. All the girls loved it too though, and because it was Mina who suggested it, she got all the yes votes she needed from the whole bakusquad as well. So everyone else’s suggestions were outvoted.