| O3. MAN PERIOD

Episode Two - TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

one of y/n l/n's hobbies before she moved to oregon was scaring mike wheeler. the way he shrieked and jumped a little as she startled him were purely hilarious to her. he used to tell her it was childish of her, but she just couldn't help it.

y/n and max adjusted their masks as they kneeled behing a bush, waiting for the party to arrive.

when they heard a series of footsteps and dustin and lucas's voices, max and y/n jumped out, screaming and immediately laughing after the boys' reaction.

"you should see the looks on your faces!" y/n said through laughter, expecting to find a slightly annoyed mike laughing weakly after her.

but, wasn't laughing this time. an annoyed expression landed on his face and y/n's brows knitted. he'd never been this touchy about her pranks.

"you screamed like a little girl!" max laughed before her turning around, lucas and dusting hanging from her lips.

"you guys coming or not?" max asked. "i heard we should hit up loch nora," she said, "it's where rich people live, right?"

"yeah!" the boys exclaimed, following her.

y/n noticed mike sigh, following them with much less enthusiasm than she was used to see in him.

"everything alright, mike?" she questioned, her brows still knitted.

"sure." his voice spoke with a hiss.

"you on your man period?" she joked with a smirk.

"shut up, y/n." he snapped.

"sorry," she replied. she reached to pat his shoulder, but he avoided her touch, hitting her arm not too hard to hurt her, but enough to annoy her. she's only trying to be nice. mike told himself.

"what's wrong with you?" she spat coldly.

he didn't answer, looking at her as she ran to the others, her beautiful e/c eyes no longer trying to understand his tormented, dark ones.

○○○

"stop!" max laughed as dustin and lucas made terrible impression of a californian surfer, "my ears are hurting!"

will turned to record y/n laughing, camera held firmly in his pale hands as the boy laughed with his friend.

"put it down, will!" the girl with h/c hair giggled.