9 - Friends To Lovers Over Dinner

#imagine.....This dinner with Harry was going to be awkward. You've confessed your newfound feelings for your longtime friend to yourself recently, giving into the butterflies and the heart racing every time you think of him. You used to tell yourself you weren't in love with him and you were just best friends, but as your feelings grew deeper you knew you couldn't hide it from yourself anymore. 

Harry was going to pick you up. You waited nervously inside your flat. You tap your feet on the hardwood floor. Harry said he would be there at six and its 6:02. Finally there's a soft knock on your door. You jump up but then slowly walk over so he doesn't think you were just waiting by the door...which you were. 

You open the door and see a flawless Harry Styles. You smile. He still looks so good. You haven't seen him in four months because he's been on tour with his band, One Direction. Harry smiles at you.

"You still look beautiful (Y/NickName)." Harry says. You blush at the use of Harry's old nickname for you. He hasn't used that since you both were seven.

"Thanks, Hazza." You tell him. Harry extends his arm like a gentleman and bows. You smile and curtsy.

"May I take you to dinner, my fair lass?" Harry says in a ridiculously old English accent.

"Absolutely, my good sir!" You say attempting to mock his voice. You take his arm and he brings you out to his car. "Wow, nice new car, Harry!" You compliment him. 

"Thanks, (Y/N)." Harry says smiling. He opens your door for you and you slide in. Then he walks around and gets in the driver's seat. He starts the drive and turns up the music. 'What Makes You Beautiful' comes on and you start to sing along to Liam's voice but Harry changes it.

"Harry, wait, I love that song!" You tell him.

"I hate listening to my own music over the radio. You know that!" Harry says looking over at you. 

"Come on Harry, you've got a perfect voice! You should be proud its on the radio. Girls everywhere are freaking out right now." You tell him. He just blushes but doesn't change it back.

You arrive to the restaurant and Harry opens the door for you and walks you in with you arms locked together. You come up to the hostess and she smiles at both of you.

"Aw what a lovely couple." She comments smiling. Suddenly you and Harry unglue and stand awfully far apart.

 "Oh we aren't--" Harry starts.

"Yeah we aren't dating." You say. The hostess' smile drops. "Just friends." You say awkwardly laughing and glancing sideways at Harry.

"Oh, my apologies." She says. She gathers the menus and the silverware and leads you both to the table. Before you sit down she whispers in your ear. "I could never be 'just friends' with that boy. You better snatch him up, love." She says. You smile at her and then she leaves.

"That was awkward." You comment, leafing through the menu, trying to decide on what to eat. You feel someone's beautiful green eyes staring into your skin. You look up at see Harry just smiling at you and staring at you. "What?" You ask. You touch your face. "Do I have something on my face?" Harry laughs. 

"Only beauty." Harry tells you smiling. You blush and look away. "Was it really that awkward for you? Being called my girlfriend?" Harry asks still looking at you. 

"I don't know...I mean we've just been friends forever so I mean...I never really thought about it..." You say, not making eye contact. You don't want to lie to him, of course, but you don't want to pour out your feelings for him.

"Yeah I understand...I just, I mean...it wasn't so terribly awkward for me...I could see it happening..." Harry says slowly. You look up to him.

"Um, what are you trying to say?" You ask him. Your heart starts to beat just a little faster. You breaths became irregular. Does he really mean what you think he means?

"I don't know...I mean I invited you to dinner not only to catch up, but to I don't know...see how it would feel like if I was dating you." He says. By this time you don't know what to think. Is he really saying this? Is this really happening? 

"And..." You prompt, wondering where he's taking this. 

"I like it." He says smiling. Your eyes widen and you look away briefly.

"So you're saying you would like if we were dating?" You ask him. He smiles a little. His eyes linger on yours before he responds. 

"Yes I am." He says. "So, how do you feel about the fact that I, Harry Edward Styles, am asking you out on multiple dates that will eventually lead to dating and perhaps more because I have always been in love with you?" You don't speak. You stand up, walk over and kiss Harry. Your spontaneous action makes him smile and then you walk back to your seat. You pick up the menu. 

"Ready to order, boyfriend?" You ask with a wink.